public inbox for docbook-tools-discuss@sourceware.org
* How do I get numbered sections?
@ 2001-10-26 13:40 ` Alan Westhagen
From: Alan Westhagen @ 2001-10-26 13:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: docbook-tools-discuss

Being new to docbook, I have downloaded a
number of HOWTOs and Docbook guides in
source form, so that I can study the
markup used.

When I run docbook2html on these sources,
I get usable html output, but it differs
from that posted on the web.  In particular,
the section headings are not numbered and
neither are the section references in the
table of contents.

What am I missing?  Is there some parameter
to docbook2html that I need to use? or
is there some attribute which controls
enumeration behavior?

-- Alan Westhagen

* Re: How do I get numbered sections?
@ 2001-10-26 14:43   ` Eric Bischoff
From: Eric Bischoff @ 2001-10-26 14:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alan Westhagen, docbook-tools-discuss

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii", Size: 925 bytes --]

Le Thursday 13 December 2001 00:54, Alan Westhagen a écrit :
> Being new to docbook, I have downloaded a
> number of HOWTOs and Docbook guides in
> source form, so that I can study the
> markup used.
>
> When I run docbook2html on these sources,
> I get usable html output, but it differs
> from that posted on the web.  In particular,
> the section headings are not numbered and
> neither are the section references in the
> table of contents.
>
> What am I missing?

Customized stylesheets. Usuallyu they have .dsl extension.

> Is there some parameter
> to docbook2html that I need to use?

-d the_downloaded_stylesheet.dsl

> or
> is there some attribute which controls
> enumeration behavior?

| Éric Bischoff                              mailto:e.bischoff@noos.fr |

* How do I get numbered sections?
@ 2001-12-12 15:54 ` Alan Westhagen
From: Alan Westhagen @ 2001-12-12 15:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: docbook-tools-discuss

@ 2001-12-12 22:01   ` Eric Bischoff
From: Eric Bischoff @ 2001-12-12 22:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alan Westhagen, docbook-tools-discuss

@ 2001-12-19 22:49 ` Eric Bischoff
From: Eric Bischoff @ 2001-12-19 22:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alan Westhagen, docbook-tools-discuss

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii", Size: 925 bytes --]

Le Thursday 13 December 2001 00:54, Alan Westhagen a écrit :
> Being new to docbook, I have downloaded a
> number of HOWTOs and Docbook guides in
> source form, so that I can study the
> markup used.
>
> When I run docbook2html on these sources,
> I get usable html output, but it differs
> from that posted on the web.  In particular,
> the section headings are not numbered and
> neither are the section references in the
> table of contents.
>
> What am I missing?

Customized stylesheets. Usuallyu they have .dsl extension.

> Is there some parameter
> to docbook2html that I need to use?

-d the_downloaded_stylesheet.dsl

> or