public inbox for docbook-tools-discuss@sourceware.org
* Nochunks
@ 2000-12-27  6:36 Howard Mann
From: Howard Mann @ 2000-12-27  6:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: docbook-tools-discuss

Hi All,

I have successfully used the "db2html" script to generate HTML pages
using the "cygnus-both.dsl" file.

However, I have not been able to generate the single -HTML -page
format using the "nochunks" option. No file is generated, and I do not
get an error message/s.

My customization of Mark Galassi's script is as follows :

;; ====================
;; customize the html stylesheet
;; ====================
-->

;; this is necessary because right now jadetex does not understand
;; symbolic entities, whereas things work well with numeric entities.
(declare-characteristic preserve-sdata?
          "UNREGISTERED::James Clark//Characteristic::preserve-sdata?"
          #f)

(define nochunks #t)  ;;single HTML page   <<<<<<< I added this line

......etc.

I'd appreciate any ideas.

Thanks,

Howard Mann.

* Re: Nochunks
@ 2000-12-27  6:36 ` Howard Mann
From: Howard Mann @ 2000-12-27  6:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: docbook-tools-discuss, docbook

Howard Mann wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have successfully used the "db2html" script to generate HTML pages
> using the "cygnus-both.dsl" file.
>
> However, I have not been able to generate the single -HTML -page
> format using the "nochunks" option. No file is generated, and I do not
> get an error message/s.

Never mind - I have found a solution :-)

It is a script by David Mason :

http://www.oswg.org/archives/oswg-docbook/0004.html

It's great. Thanks David.

Cheers,