public inbox for docbook-tools-discuss@sourceware.org
* RE: Jade for Intel
@ 2000-12-27  6:36 Peter Ring
From: Peter Ring @ 2000-12-27  6:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'docbook-tools-discuss@sourceware.cygnus.com',
	'Eugene O'Connor'

Have a look at
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/hoenicka_markus/book1.html

Kind regards
Peter Ring

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Bischoff [ mailto:ebisch@cybercable.tm.fr ]
Sent: Wednesday, September 06, 2000 11:22 AM
To: Eugene O'Connor
Cc: docbook-tools-discuss@sourceware.cygnus.com
Subject: Re: Jade for Intel

Eugene O'Connor wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am new to DocBook, the open source world, and not very familiar with UNIX,
> so please bear with me if my question seems.
>
> I want to generate HTML and PS from DocBook files. I want to do it on a
> Win32 platform. In this newsgroup I read "both Jade and the modular
> stylesheets come prepackaged for Windows, so you don't have to do a
> difficult build process". I have been unable to locate where I can do this
> on your site. The following location seems the most obvious:
> ftp://sourceware.cygnus.com/pub/docbook-tools/docware/SOURCES/ , but I can't
> find it here.
>
> Any suggestions?

The DocBook-tools packages are for Unix and even more specifically for
Linux.

You'll have to assemble yourself all the individual components. It's
those components that are prepackaged for Windows, but not at the
docbook-tools. Or you'll have to change your operating system.

BTW, Mark, what about making the "new-trials" directory the "official"
"docware" directory now? Of course after having solved the last problems
and especially the one with the PSGML package:

	.elc files seem to be platform-dependant (can anyone confirm?) or to be
	incompatible between xemacs and gnu-emacs (can someone confirm?)

--
 Éric Bischoff   -   mailto:ebisch@cybercable.tm.fr
                                           \^o~_.

* Re: Jade for Intel
@ 2000-12-27  6:36 ` Eric Bischoff
From: Eric Bischoff @ 2000-12-27  6:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Ring
  Cc: 'docbook-tools-discuss@sourceware.cygnus.com',
	'Eugene O'Connor'

Peter Ring wrote:

> Have a look at
> http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/hoenicka_markus/book1.html
>
> Kind regards
> Peter Ring

It seems that this documents explains how to edit DTDs with win32 emacs,
no? Not how to edit and convert docbook documents on win32. Or did I
looked at it too quickly?

From: Eric Bischoff @ 2000-12-27  6:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eugene O'Connor; +Cc: docbook-tools-discuss

From: Peter Ring @ 2000-12-27  6:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'docbook-tools-discuss@sourceware.cygnus.com',
	'Eric Bischoff'

It's about setting a nice and free SGML publishing system up on a
WindowsNT platform, including editing and processing of DocBook
instances. See e.g.:

   http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/hoenicka_markus/c1041.html
   http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/hoenicka_markus/x1274.html

BTW, you might recognize traits of Norman Walsh' DocBook stylesheets in
the URLs ... and if you have a look at the HTML source, you'll find this
meta tag:

Version 1.53">

Kind regards
Peter Ring