public inbox for docbook-tools-discuss@sourceware.org
* Re: tables
@ 2000-12-27  6:36   ` madhu
From: madhu @ 2000-12-27  6:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: docbook-tools-discuss

hi
On Sun, 23 Jan 2000, you wrote:

> A document is DocBook V3.1 if it conforms to that DTD, the
> stylesheet(s) that you use have no impact on the document
> type. The DSSSL and XSL stylesheets that I've written for
> DocBook can both be extended to provide backgrounds for
> tables. See http://nwalsh.com/docbook/{dsssl |xsl} for more
> details.
>
>                                         Cheers,
>                                           norm

thank you norman.G.Orwell must be considering himself lucky in his grave ,he
didn't have to deal with abbrev/acronyms . ;-)
now i guess you are referring to db149.zip and subsequently db150.zip when you
point  to
>See http://nwalsh.com/docbook/{dsssl |xsl} for more
> details.
i have downloaded both(not that stupid to think they are seperate things but
db150 is an upgrade to db149)
 but i reallly have got stumped , after i unzip it ,
what  do i do,put it in my /usr/lib/sgml before i get to use it
it is mentions under Manifest
doc/ contains instllation and referance documention
no such thing but then i remember seing on your website that this is is seperate
are you referring to "html/ contains the HTML stylesheet (for use with -t sgml)"
but then i use the script db2html it is very convenient =)
do i need to hack into this script , i am not good at such things yet

i have tried using your
<!DOCTYPE book PUBLIC
       "+//IDN nwalsh.com//DTD DocBook DSSSL Architecture V1.0//EN" [
do i still have to use stylesheets
i know onething for sure that  i am terribly confused ,my apologies  if  i am
confusing you in the process
i guess it is time for you and mark to overhaul Docbook tutorial ;-)
any help?
thank you once again
regards

 --
maddy
***********----------------************---------------------**************-----------********

* Re: tables
@ 2000-12-27  6:36 ` Norman Walsh
From: Norman Walsh @ 2000-12-27  6:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: b_maddy_016; +Cc: docbook-tools-discuss

/ madhu <b_maddy_016@yahoo.com> was heard to say:

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | If all mankind were to disappear,
http://nwalsh.com/                 | the world would regenerate back to
                                   | the rich state of equilibrium that
                                   | existed ten thousand years ago. If
                                   | insects were to vanish, the
                                   | environment would collapse into
                                   | chaos.--Edward O. Wilson

* tables
@ 2000-12-27  6:36 madhu
From: madhu @ 2000-12-27  6:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: docbook-tools-discuss

hi
is it possible to have background color for the table ,i mean only for the
table part in a document not for the whole page
with "-//OASIS/DTD DocBook ver 3.1 //EN " -- i assume it uses its own
stylesheet (defualt)please correct me on this ,if i am wrong
 now if change or add my own style sheet this means it is no more DocBook ver
am i correct
any help ?
thank you in advance