public inbox for docbook-tools-discuss@sourceware.org
* SGML -> HTML split level
@ 2000-07-16  2:47 ` Peter Toft
From: Peter Toft @ 2000-07-16  2:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: docbook-tools-discuss

When I use db2html to compile SGML->HTML it will
generate a new HTML file for each <sect1>.

Where can I control it so that the split is done at
each new <sect2> or <sect3>? (this is a global
setting)

System: Linux Red Hat 6.2 - SGML docbook

--
Peter Toft, Ph.D. [pto@sslug.dk] http://www.sslug.dk/~pto

"You don't win a battle by asking, `Will we win?'
You win it by doing your best to win"
- Richard M Stallman

----> Visit http://petition.eurolinux.org <---

* SGML -> HTML split level
@ 2000-12-27  6:36 Peter Toft
From: Peter Toft @ 2000-12-27  6:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: docbook-tools-discuss

When I use db2html to compile SGML->HTML it will
generate a new HTML file for each <sect1>.

Where can I control it so that the split is done at
each new <sect2> or <sect3>? (this is a global
setting)

System: Linux Red Hat 6.2 - SGML docbook

--
Peter Toft, Ph.D. [pto@sslug.dk] http://www.sslug.dk/~pto

"You don't win a battle by asking, `Will we win?'
You win it by doing your best to win"
- Richard M Stallman

----> Visit http://petition.eurolinux.org <---

* Re: SGML -> HTML split level
@ 2000-12-27  6:36 ` Norman Walsh
From: Norman Walsh @ 2000-12-27  6:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Toft; +Cc: docbook-tools-discuss

/ Peter Toft <pto@sslug.dk> was heard to say:
| Where can I control it so that the split is done at
| each new <sect2> or <sect3>? (this is a global
| setting)

In your stylesheet, add sect2 and sect3 to this list:

(define (chunk-element-list)
  (list (normalize "preface")
	(normalize "chapter")
	(normalize "appendix")
	(normalize "article")
	(normalize "glossary")
	(normalize "bibliography")
	(normalize "index")
	(normalize "colophon")
	(normalize "setindex")
	(normalize "reference")
	(normalize "refentry")
	(normalize "part")
	(normalize "sect1")
	(normalize "section")
	(normalize "book") ;; just in case nothing else matches...
	(normalize "set")  ;; sets are definitely chunks...
	))

And probably to this list as well.

(define (chunk-skip-first-element-list)
  (list (normalize "sect1")