public inbox for docbook-tools-discuss@sourceware.org
* problems generating PDF
@ 2001-07-31  8:39 Timothy Reaves
From: Timothy Reaves @ 2001-07-31  8:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: DocBook Tools

	Hello all.

	I have a (currently) very simple docbook document I'm working on to evaluate docbook.  I have jEdit setup very nicely to help me with this.  Writing the document in docbook isn't really a problem.  The problem is producing output.  Specifically PDF.

	When I generate a PDF document, the basic structure is fine.  However, a portion of the text is in red.  I've no idea why.  There is no tag at that location.  Other portions are itialicised when the should (based on other portions of the document that are tagged similerly).  And finally, another portion has no margin.

	Are these types of problems common with actually generating documents from docbook source?  I can't see how docbook could be useful unless there were a reliable way to actually generate documents from it.

	Any sugestions?