public inbox for ecos-devel@sourceware.org
* Re: Intel strata flash -redboot
@ 2008-11-12  5:44 Praveen VS
From: Praveen VS @ 2008-11-12  5:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: hartleys, Andrew Lunn; +Cc: ecos-devel

We are using customized arm  ADS imx27 board.

 Got the redboot  source with board.

 We are using JS48F4400P0VB00S intel nor strataflash 64MB.

 Redboot what we had got has the support for Spansion Nor flash size 64MB ,
 it is working for the reference board.
 But in our board we have the Intel strata flash.

 Can anybody explain where to change in the redboot so that it will take the
 IntelStrata flash instead of Spansion flash

 Thanks in advance

 Regards
 Praveen

@ 2008-11-07 18:34   ` hartleys
From: hartleys @ 2008-11-07 18:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Lunn, Praveen VS; +Cc: ecos-devel

@ 2008-11-07  6:35 ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2008-11-07  6:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Praveen VS; +Cc: ecos-devel

On Fri, Nov 07, 2008 at 09:33:08AM +0530, Praveen VS wrote:

> We have a custom board based on imx27 & we want to boot the kernel from
> flash. But the flash we have is Intel Strata P30 ( JS48F4400P0VB00S).  We
> are modifying the redboot which comes with imx27ADS reference board. We
> want to know  which file we need to modify?
> Any body has successfully able to boot kernel from this flash using
> redboot on any other board

I think the P30 is a bit odd. Take a look at:

http://sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss/2007-04/msg00178.html

        Andrew

* Intel strata flash -redboot
@ 2008-11-07  4:04 Praveen VS