public inbox for ecos-devel@sourceware.org
* Configuring RedBoot from under Linux
@ 2007-03-23 15:06 Guennadi Liakhovetski
From: Guennadi Liakhovetski @ 2007-03-23 15:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-devel

Hi

I'd like to be able to configure redboot from under Linux. Which means,
creating a redboot configuration partition image according to a new
configuration. I could imagine a tool similar to lilo that reads
redboot.conf and creates a redboot configuration and flash partition table
image, optionally supplying it with a CRC. Does anything like this exist?

Thanks
Guennadi
---------------------------------
Guennadi Liakhovetski, Ph.D.
DSA Daten- und Systemtechnik GmbH
Pascalstr. 28
D-52076 Aachen
Germany

* Re: Configuring RedBoot from under Linux
@ 2007-03-23 16:54 ` Jon Ringle
From: Jon Ringle @ 2007-03-23 16:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guennadi Liakhovetski; +Cc: ecos-devel

Guennadi Liakhovetski wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'd like to be able to configure redboot from under Linux. Which
> means, creating a redboot configuration partition image according to a
> new configuration. I could imagine a tool similar to lilo that reads
> redboot.conf and creates a redboot configuration and flash partition
> table image, optionally supplying it with a CRC. Does anything like
> this exist?

I have found the following useful which gives an fconfig interface from
Linux:
http://andrzejekiert.ovh.org/software.html.en

Jon