public inbox for ecos-devel@sourceware.org
* If i need a supportet microcontroller with a new ethernet PHY...
@ 2008-10-22 14:59 Oliver Munz @ SNR
From: Oliver Munz @ SNR @ 2008-10-22 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-devel

... then i have to rewrite the void hal_plf_eth_init(void). I can make a
new platform-variant for this, but may be there is a better solution
like: make the hal_plf_eth_init PHY-dependent or make it configurable
defined as external or something like this...

The problem is, that every PHY has other initalisation requirements. And
furthermore its a question of the concrete hardware what the CPU has to
do to bring it to work. So the hal_plf_eth_init depens on the PHY, the
ethernet and microcontroller and the concret circuit...

What is the best way to use a special hal_plf_eth_init()?

* Re: If i need a supportet microcontroller with a new ethernet PHY...
@ 2008-10-22 15:08 ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2008-10-22 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: oli; +Cc: ecos-devel

Oliver Munz @ SNR wrote:
> ... then i have to rewrite the void hal_plf_eth_init(void). I can make a
> new platform-variant for this, but may be there is a better solution
> like: make the hal_plf_eth_init PHY-dependent or make it configurable
> defined as external or something like this...
>
> The problem is, that every PHY has other initalisation requirements. And
> furthermore its a question of the concrete hardware what the CPU has to
> do to bring it to work. So the hal_plf_eth_init depens on the PHY, the
> ethernet and microcontroller and the concret circuit...
>
> What is the best way to use a special hal_plf_eth_init()?

What's the platform/target?

* Re: If i need a supportet microcontroller with a new ethernet PHY...
@ 2008-10-22 15:45   ` Oliver Munz @ SNR
From: Oliver Munz @ SNR @ 2008-10-22 15:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gary Thomas; +Cc: ecos-devel

Atmel AT91SAM7X connected to a Micrel KSZ8041... Now i write a plattform
variant named CYGPKG_HAL_ARM_AT91SAM7X_KSZ8041, but i'm not sure if this
is the ecos-way to do it...