public inbox for ecos-devel@sourceware.org
* #! magic for finding Cygwin Tcl shell
@ 2009-01-06 18:02 John Dallaway
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: John Dallaway @ 2009-01-06 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-devel

I was looking at support for UNC file paths in the eCos Configuration
Tool today. The convoluted #! magic we use in our Tcl scripts to find a
Cygwin Tcl shell is getting in the way when calling (eg) heapgen.tcl via
a UNC repository path. This code is only needed to support installations
of Cygwin that are more than 5 years old.

Rather than increase the complexity of the #! magic still further, I
think it now makes sense to revert to a simple "#! /usr/bin/tclsh"
within our Tcl scripts. However, this would break compatibility with old
Cygwin installations providing only tclsh8*.exe or cygtclsh80.exe.

Any objections?

John Dallaway