* [ECOS] Problems with ROMRAM on EB40a
@ 2003-09-11 13:37 Øyvind Harboe
From: Øyvind Harboe @ 2003-09-11 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'ecos-discuss (E-Mail)'

[This is a resend, slight e-mail problems today, it seems]

I'm trying to build my application as a ROMRAM application,
but it crashes. These are my steps:

- build w/CYG_HAL_STARTUP = ROMRAM
- write the .bin image to flash 0x1000000
- when the application is run, it enters an infinite loop,
as register r12 on the line below from hal_platform_setup.h
contains 0x1000000.

        mov     pc,r12                  // Change address space, break
pipeline

Do I need to modify *romram.ldi/h? If so, I confess ignorance
as to the required changes. I would have expected to find a "rom" memory
entry as there is in *rom.ldi.

There probably isn't much required to get this up and running, because
others have done it:

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/ecos-discuss/2003-03/msg00535.html

Øyvind