* [ECOS] How can i use eCos without RedBoot?
@ 2002-04-11  5:11 William Chen (陳明泉)
From: William Chen (陳明泉) @ 2002-04-11  5:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi,
	I'm running eCos very well with RedBoot,but i met a problem that if
i don't use RedBoot.
My bios do nothing but some initialization of H/W (and no GDB stub
included),
i've tried to configure my eCos application to have / have not DGB stub, and
both case will fail to run my application.
At the beginning, the main thread work well, and it get exception whenever
the main thread go to sleep.

If any one successfully configure the eCos application without working with
RedBoot?

Thank you in advance.

William

* Re: [ECOS] How can i use eCos without RedBoot?
@ 2002-04-12 17:06 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2002-04-12 17:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: William Chen; +Cc: ecos-discuss

William Chen (³¯©ú¬u) wrote:

> Hi,
>         I'm running eCos very well with RedBoot,but i met a problem that if
> i don't use RedBoot.
> My bios do nothing but some initialization of H/W (and no GDB stub
> included),
> i've tried to configure my eCos application to have / have not DGB stub, and
> both case will fail to run my application.
> At the beginning, the main thread work well, and it get exception whenever
> the main thread go to sleep.
>
> If any one successfully configure the eCos application without working with
> RedBoot?

Normally you do this by building for "ROM" startup, and everything else in
the configuration will adapt accordingly. For example options like
CYGSEM_HAL_USE_ROM_MONITOR will be disabled (as they should be if you're
not using redboot).

Jifl