* Re: [ECOS] ecos-c
@ 2003-04-10  3:48 Jose Paul
From: Jose Paul @ 2003-04-10  3:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

 Hello,

> i am not sure if this the right discussion forum for my question. Sorry if
it is not.

> I am developing a system with eCos on a own ppc HW. I am using T32
debugger from http://www.Lauterbach.de company. It will show me my private
project files in a rigth manner but the eCos files will not be showed. The
problem is that the debugger will not found the files because the path is
prefixed with "/ecos-c/...". T32 is a Win32 application and can not expand
such text to a drive letter. Therefore I am not able to step through the
eCos code.

> I fell that there is a compiler or linker flag to say: do not use the
cygwin path ("/ecos-c/"), and use the windows drive letter instead. Is not
it? I did not find it :-(

> Or need I any settings in the cygwin environment? Mount flags? ECos
configuration settings?

> Any Idea?

I am using Eclipse as debugger IDE and it have got the same problem.
We have fixed this problem .
There is a utility called "cygpath.exe" to convert Unix path to windows
path.
We have used this utility and dynamically convert Unix path to Windows.
Jose

* Re: [ECOS]  ecos-c
@ 2003-04-10 19:07 ` kjell
From: kjell @ 2003-04-10 19:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adolfo Lucha; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Hi Adolfo,

Being a rather experienced developer using the eCos + Lauterbach
combination, I haven't either found any good way of using T32-Win
together with code compiled under Cygwin due to the problems You are
describing :-(

Luckily, this problem can easily be solved by switching to a Linux build
and debugging host instead - The T32 is very well working under Linux
(provided You are using the Ethernet-based HW-interface variant), and
the eCos build environment is generally better working in native Linux
environment.
If You peek around a little in Your T32 installation CD (check e.g the
t32\demo\powerpc\kernel\eCos directory), You will even find that there
is a T32 plugin providing eCos kernel awareness and some eCos menu
extensions avaliable for the T32 :-)

Happy T32-eCos debugging!
/Kjell
--
Kjell Svensson                 Embedded Technology Manager
Techtribe Solutions AB         Tel:  +46 (0)31 706 06 00

Adolfo Lucha wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i am not sure if this the right discussion forum for my question. Sorry if it is not.
>
> I am developing a system with eCos on a own ppc HW. I am using T32 debugger from http://www.Lauterbach.de company. It will show me my private project files in a rigth manner but the eCos files will not be showed. The problem is that the debugger will not found the files because the path is prefixed with "/ecos-c/...". T32 is a Win32 application and can not expand such text to a drive letter. Therefore I am not able to step through the eCos code.
>
> I fell that there is a compiler or linker flag to say: do not use the cygwin path ("/ecos-c/"), and use the windows drive letter instead. Is not it? I did not find it :-(
>
> Or need I any settings in the cygwin environment? Mount flags? ECos configuration settings?
>
> Any Idea?
>
> thanks and regards,
> Adolfo

* RE: [ECOS] ecos-c
@ 2003-04-10  7:03 Daniel Lidsten
From: Daniel Lidsten @ 2003-04-10  7:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jose Paul; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Hi,

I have been using Lauterbach also and there is an option called
/StripPART that can be used for this when loading the image. It will
remove as many parts of the path as you want. You then setup the
symbol.List.SPATH to reflect the new path to use.

The below rows will remove /ecos-c/ and use your home directory instead.

Data.Load.Elf file.out /LowerPath /StripPART 1
Symbol.SPATH F:\Jose

Regards, Daniel Lidsten

* Re: [ECOS]  ecos-c
@ 2003-04-09 17:26     ` Donnat Eric
From: Donnat Eric @ 2003-04-09 17:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

On Wed, 09 Apr 2003 18:13:24 +0100
Jonathan Larmour <jifl@eCosCentric.com> wrote:

> Donnat Eric wrote:
> > On Wed, 09 Apr 2003 10:57:54 +0200
> > "Adolfo Lucha" <Adolfo.Lucha@controlware.de> wrote:
> >

> >>Hello,
> >>
> >>i am not sure if this the right discussion forum for my question. Sorry if it is not.
> >>
> >>I am developing a system with eCos on a own ppc HW. I am using T32 debugger from http://www.Lauterbach.de company. It will show me my private project files in a rigth manner but the eCos files will not be showed. The problem is that the debugger will not found the files because the path is prefixed with "/ecos-c/...". T32 is a Win32 application and can not expand such text to a drive letter. Therefore I am not able to step through the eCos code.
> >>
> >>I fell that there is a compiler or linker flag to say: do not use the cygwin path ("/ecos-c/"), and use the windows drive letter instead. Is not it? I did not find it :-(
> >>
> >>Or need I any settings in the cygwin environment? Mount flags? ECos configuration settings?
> >>
> >>Any Idea?
> >>

> > IMHO, cygwin is not involved. It's more likely an issue of ecosconfig options. I mean, the Makefile
> > variant generated is only configurable via a static #define, while it may be controlled via command
> > line.
>
> I doubt even that. GCC will store the absolute path to a file in the
> file's debug sections. GCC is a cygwin application, so it will store a
> cygwin path. I don't think there's anything you could do other than doing
> some binary patching on the file!

Sorry about my first short answer.

My first idea was to make the cygwin path match the windows patch with
exception of the drive letter. A lot of windows apps are resistant to
both separators. I don't know if T32 is, but it might. GCC will store
the path given by ecosconfig anyway, and ecosconfig does not even let
us make a single try.

> Jifl
> --
> eCosCentric    http://www.eCosCentric.com/    The eCos and RedBoot experts
> --[ "You can complain because roses have thorns, or you ]--
> --[  can rejoice because thorns have roses." -Lincoln   ]-- Opinions==mine
>

> --

Eric DONNAT

Silicomp Research Institute
195, rue Lavoisier
ZIRST-BP1
38330 Montbonnot-St-Martin (France)

http://www.ri.silicomp.com

* Re: [ECOS]  ecos-c
@ 2003-04-09 17:13   ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2003-04-09 17:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Donnat Eric; +Cc: ecos-discuss

@ 2003-04-09  9:23 ` Donnat Eric
From: Donnat Eric @ 2003-04-09  9:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

On Wed, 09 Apr 2003 10:57:54 +0200
"Adolfo Lucha" <Adolfo.Lucha@controlware.de> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> i am not sure if this the right discussion forum for my question. Sorry if it is not.
>
> I am developing a system with eCos on a own ppc HW. I am using T32 debugger from http://www.Lauterbach.de company. It will show me my private project files in a rigth manner but the eCos files will not be showed. The problem is that the debugger will not found the files because the path is prefixed with "/ecos-c/...". T32 is a Win32 application and can not expand such text to a drive letter. Therefore I am not able to step through the eCos code.
>
> I fell that there is a compiler or linker flag to say: do not use the cygwin path ("/ecos-c/"), and use the windows drive letter instead. Is not it? I did not find it :-(
>
> Or need I any settings in the cygwin environment? Mount flags? ECos configuration settings?
>
> Any Idea?

IMHO, cygwin is not involved. It's more likely an issue of ecosconfig options. I mean, the Makefile
variant generated is only configurable via a static #define, while it may be controlled via command
line.

> thanks and regards,
> Adolfo
>

> --