* [ECOS] serial port ARM e7t problem
@ 2002-07-16  6:39 Vinayak P Risbud
From: Vinayak P Risbud @ 2002-07-16  6:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ecos-Discuss

    Hi,
        I have set, ARM e7t port to Baud 38400,
        I think, the board interrupts the ARM core
        for every character read. (instead of for a
        bunch of characters)
        And because of this,  I am loosing some
        characters, Can anyone give me, any solution
        for this problem ?

        ~
            Vinayak

    ~
        Vinayak

* RE: [ECOS] serial port ARM e7t problem
@ 2002-07-17  2:54 ` Robert Cragie
From: Robert Cragie @ 2002-07-17  2:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vinayak P Risbud, Ecos-Discuss

I had a similar problem on the Integrator platform (running out of flash at
a fairly slow speed on an ARM7TDMI) and managed to improve performance by
adding a simple FIFO buffer in the ISR and ensuring Rx interrupts remained
enabled. The DSR then reads out of the FIFO buffer; if further characters
arrive in the time it takes for the DSR to be scheduled, they will go into
the FIFO buffer. The current rudimentary e7t serial driver will keep Rx
interrupts disabled until the DSR completes, which makes it more likely that
overflow in the Rx holding register would occur.

As someone has already pointed out, you could also try using the DMA
somehow, but I can't offer any more advice on this.

Robert Cragie, Design Engineer
Jennic Ltd, Furnival Street, Sheffield, S1 4QT,  UK
www.jennic.com Tel: +44 (0) 114 281 2655

* [ECOS] Samsung SNDS100 Question
@ 2002-07-18 19:59 ` Yao-Lu Tsai
From: Yao-Lu Tsai @ 2002-07-18 19:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ecos-Discuss

Hi,

I am trying to run eCos on my SNDS100 board. I can successfully build
the libtarget.a and all the test suites, but I don't know how to run them. I
can also
build redboot.bin. However, after I program redboot.bin into the flash
memory IC with
an IC burner, I cannot run it on SNDS100.  No output on the UART console
(38400,N,8
,1), but some LEDs on the board will turn on.   Anybody can tell me how to
do next ?
Or where can I get eCos documentation related to SDNS100 ?

My environment :

eCos : 2.0 alpha
configuration tool : 1.3.net
board : Samsung SNDS100