* Re: [ECOS] Insight 5.0( gdb )fails under Win98
       [not found] <974394824.29805.ezmlm@sources.redhat.com>
@ 2000-11-17  5:05 ` Fano Ramparany
From: Fano Ramparany @ 2000-11-17  5:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

We have the same problem with Win95 but the documentation
says the eCos development tools can be installed correctly on WinNT, but are
not
guaranteed to work on Win95 and Win98.

Fano

> Subject: [ECOS] Insight 5.0( gdb )fails under Win98
> Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 16:08:55 +0100
> From: Leandro Vieira <leandro@av.it.pt>
> To: "ecos-discuss-owner@sources.redhat.com"
>      <ecos-discuss@sourceware.cygnus.com>
>

> Hi,
>
> Sorry, in my  previous message I forgot to attach the error.
>
> I have been trying to get the GNU toolset working under Win98.
> My team built the toolset twice, and in both cases we reached
> the problem, as described by the image attached.
>
> NOTE: The toolset works fine under NT and Win2000. But,
> Insight 5.0( gdb )fails under Win98. gdb command line
> works.
>
> The error message (see attachment) while executing Insight. The main.tcl
> file actualy does exist in the ecos/tools/share/gdbtcl directory. The
> command
> line version of GDB works seems to work fine.
>
> Can you suggest a solution or an explanation?
>
> Thanks, Rosimildo.

* [ECOS] Please let me know about CygMon/RedBoot on Assabet.
@ 2000-11-17  7:34   ` Masa Ichikawa
From: Masa Ichikawa @ 2000-11-17  7:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hello,

Recently, I got Intel's Assabet and try to install CygMon/RedBoot on my
board.
I wrote absolute address binary image (bundled with Assabet or included in
eCos
latest package). But to my sorry, CygMon/RedBoot does not boot at all.
Would you please give me some adivice?

Thanks,
M.Ichikawa

* RE: [ECOS] Please let me know about CygMon/RedBoot on Assabet.
@ 2000-11-26 15:48     ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2000-11-26 15:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Masa Ichikawa; +Cc: ecos-discuss

If you have a recent Assabet (Rev 5), try the attached image.

Please let me know if it works for you.

On 17-Nov-2000 Masa Ichikawa wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Recently, I got Intel's Assabet and try to install CygMon/RedBoot on my
> board.
> I wrote absolute address binary image (bundled with Assabet or included in
> eCos
> latest package). But to my sorry, CygMon/RedBoot does not boot at all.
> Would you please give me some adivice?
>
> Thanks,
> M.Ichikawa

[-- Attachment #2: assabet_redboot.bin --]

* RE: [ECOS] Please let me know about CygMon/RedBoot on Assabet.
@ 2000-11-26 17:04       ` Masashi Ichikawa
From: Masashi Ichikawa @ 2000-11-26 17:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gthomas; +Cc: m-ichikawa, ecos-discuss

Hello, Gary-san

Thank you very much for sending a binary image to me.

Gary> If you have a recent Assabet (Rev 5), try the attached image.
Gary> Please let me know if it works for you.

The attached binary works pretty fine. Thank you.
I guess that I need to change some source codes. If you have any
idea, would you please let me know?

# Anyway, Thank you very much for your help. I really appreciate it.

Thanks,
M.Ichikawa.

@ 2000-11-26 17:10         ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2000-11-26 17:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Masashi Ichikawa; +Cc: ecos-discuss, m-ichikawa

The changes which correspond to this image are already in the CVS tree.
The problem is that the RedBoot binary images have not been updated.