* [ECOS] powerPC Template
@ 2006-06-07 16:52 Steve West
From: Steve West @ 2006-06-07 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

I would like to build ecos for the ppc 405. I see under packages a hal for
the ppc 4xx. There is no template for this. The only template I see is a ppc
simulator. How should I go about composing eCos?

Steve
.

* Re: [ECOS] powerPC Template
@ 2006-06-07 17:02 ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2006-06-07 17:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steve West; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On Wed, 2006-06-07 at 12:51 -0400, Steve West wrote:
> I would like to build ecos for the ppc 405. I see under packages a hal for
> the ppc 4xx. There is no template for this. The only template I see is a ppc
> simulator. How should I go about composing eCos?

eCos is configured for targets, not CPUs.  Thus, you'll need
a PPC405 target (the only one currently is the moab).  If this
is not your target hardware, you'll need to port eCos for your
target (typically by cloning an extant target configuration).

To build eCos for the moab (PowerPC 406GPr):
  % ecosconfig new moab
  % ecosconfig tree

For more details on how to port eCos, check the documentation:
  http://ecos.sourceware.org/docs-latest/ref/hal-porting-guide.html

* Re: [ECOS] powerPC Template
@ 2006-06-07 18:17   ` Steve West
From: Steve West @ 2006-06-07 18:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gary Thomas; +Cc: ecos-discuss

.> To build eCos for the moab (PowerPC 406GPr):
>  % ecosconfig new moab
>  % ecosconfig tree

.
How do I load the moab template into ecos config? Where can I get it.

Steve

* Re: [ECOS] powerPC Template
@ 2006-06-07 18:22     ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2006-06-07 18:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steve West; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On Wed, 2006-06-07 at 14:15 -0400, Steve West wrote:
> .> To build eCos for the moab (PowerPC 406GPr):
> >  % ecosconfig new moab
> >  % ecosconfig tree
> >
> .
> How do I load the moab template into ecos config? Where can I get it.

It's not a template, it's a target.  It's part of the standard
eCos (anon CVS of course).  You can use it with any template, e.g.
  % ecosconfig new moab net

The commands listed above are sufficient to configure eCos for
the moab.

* Re: [ECOS] powerPC Template
@ 2006-06-07 18:41       ` Steve West
From: Steve West @ 2006-06-07 18:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gary Thomas; +Cc: ecos-discuss

> It's not a template, it's a target.  It's part of the standard
> eCos (anon CVS of course).  You can use it with any template, e.g.
>  % ecosconfig new moab net
>
> The commands listed above are sufficient to configure eCos for
> the moab.

ok got the latest db and found it. Why are some of the templates grayed out
and non viewable in the main window?

Steve