* [ECOS] help - resolving configuration conflicts
@ 2001-01-25 11:14 Wilson Kwan
From: Wilson Kwan @ 2001-01-25 11:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi,

I'm relatively new to eCos and am trying to build the hello.c example. My
target is a cirrus logic EP7211.

I have successfully rebuilt all the tools and libraries from cvs using
cygwin on Windows NT. When I tried to make the sample hello world program I
received a message

"error C library standard i/o must be enabled to build this example"

So I added the ISO C library standard input/output functions package to my
configuration. Now I keep getting conflicts in my configuration. One of them
looks like this:

CYGPKG_LIBC_STDIO  - Unsatisfied  - Requires
CYGBLD_ISO_STDIO_FILETYPES_HEADER == "<cyg/libc/stdio/stdio.h>"

If I look under Configuration->ISO C and POSIX infrastructure -> Standard
I/O-related functionality->Stdio file types implementation header it is
enabled.

I somewhat confused as to how to go about resolving these conflicts. I have
looked through the User Guide and Reference manuals but have not been able
to figure out how to resolve these conflicts. Could anyone point me in the
right direction?

Thanks,
Wilson Kwan

* Re: [ECOS] help - resolving configuration conflicts
@ 2001-01-25 11:25 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-01-25 11:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wilson Kwan; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Wilson Kwan wrote:

> "error C library standard i/o must be enabled to build this example"
>
> So I added the ISO C library standard input/output functions package to my
> configuration. Now I keep getting conflicts in my configuration. One of them
> looks like this:
>
> CYGPKG_LIBC_STDIO  - Unsatisfied  - Requires
> CYGBLD_ISO_STDIO_FILETYPES_HEADER == "<cyg/libc/stdio/stdio.h>"
>
> If I look under Configuration->ISO C and POSIX infrastructure -> Standard
> I/O-related functionality->Stdio file types implementation header it is
> enabled.

Enabled and set to the correct value? We do know that there is a (now)
long-standing problem with the eCos Configuration Tool trying to resolve
conflicts of this type. Out of interest, the command-line ecosconfig tool
gets this right so you may want to try that.

Did you download the updated Windows tools off
http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/anoncvs.html ?

Jifl
Un cheval, pas du glue. Pas du cheval, beaucoup du glue. || Opinions==mine

* Re: [ECOS] help - resolving configuration conflicts
@ 2001-01-25 11:42   ` Wilson Kwan
From: Wilson Kwan @ 2001-01-25 11:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

> Enabled and set to the correct value? We do know that there is a (now)
> long-standing problem with the eCos Configuration Tool trying to resolve
> conflicts of this type. Out of interest, the command-line ecosconfig tool
> gets this right so you may want to try that.

Okay thanks. I give the command line tool a try.

> Did you download the updated Windows tools off
> http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/anoncvs.html ?

Yes I downloaded the lastest Windows configuration tool.