* [ECOS] Problem in DHCP requests
@ 2002-07-11  5:08 Khasim
From: Khasim @ 2002-07-11  5:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Greetings

I am building kernel + networking along with DHCP support.
Usually in other OS's the DHCP requests will be sent when the kernel comes
up which will use fec_send to send the packet out.
I am not finding any such requests coming  to fec_send function.
In cyg_start there is cyg_package_start should there be any code for this
package? Currently there is only blr.
How should I start the DHCP when kernel comes up.

With regards
Khasim

* Re: [ECOS] Problem in DHCP requests
@ 2002-07-11  5:28 ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2002-07-11  5:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Khasim; +Cc: eCos Discussion

On Thu, 2002-07-11 at 06:05, Khasim wrote:
> Greetings
>
> I am building kernel + networking along with DHCP support.
> Usually in other OS's the DHCP requests will be sent when the kernel comes
> up which will use fec_send to send the packet out.
> I am not finding any such requests coming  to fec_send function.
> In cyg_start there is cyg_package_start should there be any code for this
> package? Currently there is only blr.
> How should I start the DHCP when kernel comes up.

note: this is an embedded OS - nothing happens outside your control!

You have to call 'init_all_network_interfaces()' [or it's equivalent]
for the network to be initialized, which in turn will run DHCP.

* Re: [ECOS] Problem in DHCP requests Where is arpcom???
@ 2002-07-11  6:08   ` Khasim
From: Khasim @ 2002-07-11  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gary Thomas; +Cc: ecos-discuss, ganesan

Hi Gary Thanks
one more question I have The arpcom structure in eth_drv.h shown below
struct arpcom {

unsigned char esa[6];

};

but in the eth_drv_init function it is referring
ac_if, ac_enaddr ,etc
where is this structure I didnt find it.
Is my structure incomplete.

Thanks
With regards
Khasim

@ 2002-07-11  6:24     ` Jani Monoses
From: Jani Monoses @ 2002-07-11  6:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Khasim; +Cc: gary, ecos-discuss, ganesan

that arpcom you mention in eth_drv is surrounded by ifndef CYGPKG_NET
so it's not compiled if you use the NET package.

struct arpcom is defined by the TCP stacks in
net/bsd_tcpip/current/include/net/if_arp.h
and
net/tcpip/current/include/netinet/if_ether.h
depending which *BSD stack you use.

> Hi Gary Thanks
> one more question I have The arpcom structure in eth_drv.h shown below
> struct arpcom {
>
> unsigned char esa[6];
>
> };
>
> but in the eth_drv_init function it is referring
> ac_if, ac_enaddr ,etc
> where is this structure I didnt find it.
> Is my structure incomplete.
>
> Thanks
> With regards
> Khasim

* Re: [ECOS]  Where is arpcom??? how to add this header file
@ 2002-07-11  6:43       ` Khasim
From: Khasim @ 2002-07-11  6:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jani Monoses; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Thanks Jani.
But what should I enable to add this header file
net/tcpip/current/include/netinet/if_ether.h
I have selected networking and it is building TCP/IP stack
why is it not referring to that file instead.

Thanks
With regards
Khasim

@ 2002-07-11  6:51         ` Jani Monoses
From: Jani Monoses @ 2002-07-11  6:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Khasim; +Cc: ecos-discuss

I don't know :)
if I make a configuration with the net tmplate it builds just fine for me.
I use the latest CVS snapshot.

@ 2002-07-11  6:57       ` Khasim
From: Khasim @ 2002-07-11  6:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jani Monoses; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Yes It is building with no errors
I selected INET
is it correct??

bye

> that arpcom you mention in eth_drv is surrounded by ifndef CYGPKG_NET
> so it's not compiled if you use the NET package.
>
> struct arpcom is defined by the TCP stacks in
> net/bsd_tcpip/current/include/net/if_arp.h
> and
> net/tcpip/current/include/netinet/if_ether.h
> depending which *BSD stack you use.
>

> > Hi Gary Thanks
> > one more question I have The arpcom structure in eth_drv.h shown below
> > struct arpcom {
> >
> > unsigned char esa[6];
> >
> > };
> >
> > but in the eth_drv_init function it is referring
> > ac_if, ac_enaddr ,etc
> > where is this structure I didnt find it.
> > Is my structure incomplete.
> >
> > Thanks
> > With regards
> > Khasim

* [ECOS] Where in ecos is the external interrupt handler routine.
@ 2002-07-11 21:43   ` Khasim
From: Khasim @ 2002-07-11 21:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gary Thomas; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Greetings....

Same question again.....
I am porting ecos for MPC860 based board.
In other OS's the interrupt handler routine will be placed at 0x500 when
interrupt comes this code will decided which interrupt handler to call.
Where in ecos is such a thing done????

Bye
With regards
Khasim

* [ECOS] Where in ecos is the external interrupt handler routine.
@ 2002-07-11 21:44 Khasim