* Re: [ECOS] How can I initial the flashs of sst29vfxxx and intel_strata at do_flash_init() ?
@ 2005-08-29  9:44 Steven_cheng
From: Steven_cheng @ 2005-08-29  9:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Lunn; +Cc: eCos Discussion

Hi Andrew,

    I  have gotten the flashv2 branch of eCos which supports
 multiple flash drivers at the same time. But I hope I can get the lastest
code from the
Anonymous CVS  and use the multiple flash drivers at the same time.
So I replace the directories "io\flash" and "devs\flash" with ones of
flashv2 branch.

But it has error messages:
undefined reference to "flash_unlock" in redboot_linux_exec.c 116/155
undefined reference to "flash_lock" in redboot_linux_exec.c 137/155

But I can not find flash_lick/flash_unlock in redboot_linux_exec.c .

Can you give me a suggestion ??

Thank you~

Steven Cheng

@ 2005-08-29 15:45   ` Steven_cheng
From: Steven_cheng @ 2005-08-29 15:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Lunn; +Cc: ecos-discuss

@ 2005-08-29 12:00         ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2005-08-29 12:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steven_cheng; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On Mon, Aug 29, 2005 at 05:46:10PM +0800, Steven_cheng wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
>     I have updated my redboot package, then it is compiled OK~
> There are two different flash type in my platform, one is intel
> CYGPKG_DEVS_FLASH_STRATA, and the other is
> CYGPKG_DEVS_FLASH_SST_39VFXXX.
> But I find it only CYGPKG_DEVS_FLASH_STRATA be initiated.
> And I find that CYGHWR_IO_FLASH_DEVICE = 2.
> The cyg_flashdevtab array only has strata information, how can I add
> the sst information into cyg_flashdevtab[]??

Each flash driver is split into two parts. There is a generic part and
a target specific part. You are probably missing the target specific
part. Take a look at packages/devs/flash/arm/aim711/current

        Andrew

* Re: [ECOS] How can I initial the flashs of sst29vfxxx and intel_strata at do_flash_init() ?
@ 2005-08-29 10:37       ` Steven_cheng
From: Steven_cheng @ 2005-08-29 10:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Lunn; +Cc: Andrew Lunn, ecos-discuss

@ 2005-08-29  9:21     ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2005-08-29  9:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steven_cheng; +Cc: Andrew Lunn, ecos-discuss

On Mon, Aug 29, 2005 at 04:29:19PM +0800, Steven_cheng wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
>     I  have gotten the flashv2 branch of eCos which supports
>  multiple flash drivers at the same time. But I hope I can get the lastest
> code from the
> Anonymous CVS  and use the multiple flash drivers at the same time.
> So I replace the directories "io\flash" and "devs\flash" with ones of
> flashv2 branch.
>
> But it has error messages:
> undefined reference to "flash_unlock" in redboot_linux_exec.c 116/155
> undefined reference to "flash_lock" in redboot_linux_exec.c 137/155
>
> But I can not find flash_lick/flash_unlock in redboot_linux_exec.c .

I cannot find any reference either, so the linker is probably
confused.

@ 2005-08-09 13:25       ` Steven_cheng
From: Steven_cheng @ 2005-08-09 13:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Lunn, ecos-discuss

Dear Andrew,

    I have got the lastest packages from the anonymous CVS repository.
, but I still can not find the code which supports multiple flash drivers.
In the redboot\current\src\flash.c, it only initiates one flash driver.

Can you tell me the way in detail to get the flashv2 branch of eCos  ??

Thank you ~

Steven Cheng

@ 2005-08-09 10:06         ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2005-08-09 10:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steven_cheng; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On Tue, Aug 09, 2005 at 06:05:25PM +0800, Steven_cheng wrote:
> Dear Andrew,
>
>     I have got the lastest packages from the anonymous CVS repository.
> , but I still can not find the code which supports multiple flash drivers.
> In the redboot\current\src\flash.c, it only initiates one flash driver.
>
> Can you tell me the way in detail to get the flashv2 branch of eCos  ??
>
> Thank you ~
>
> Steven Cheng

I suggest you read the CVS documentation. It tells you all about
branches and how to access them.

        Andrew

* Re: [ECOS] How can I initial the flashs of sst29vfxxx and intel_strata at do_flash_init() ?
@ 2005-08-09  8:48     ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2005-08-09  8:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steven_cheng; +Cc: ecos-discuss

@ 2005-08-09  0:57   ` Steven_cheng

@ 2005-08-08 21:02 ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2005-08-08 21:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steven_cheng; +Cc: ecos-discuss

@ 2005-08-08  4:19 Steven_cheng
From: Steven_cheng @ 2005-08-08  4:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hello All,

In my platform, it supports two flashs with sst29vfxxx and intel_strata.
When the cyg_start() of RedBoot calls the do_flash_init(),
it only calls the flash_hwr_init() of intel_strata but sst29vfxxx.
Then the redboot only disaply the flash info of intel_strata.
How can I initial the flashs of sst29vfxxx and intel_strata at
do_flash_init() ?

 -Thanks a lot !!

 Steven Cheng