* re: [ECOS] error in hal_thread_load_context
@ 2005-08-06  9:29 Stefan Sommerfeld
From: Stefan Sommerfeld @ 2005-08-06  9:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi,

> I want to use eCos on an IBM eval Board with a ppc405ep powerpc processor.
> So
> I started to change the eCos database and implemented the files which I
> need
> in my thought. At the moment I want to initialize the board and start the
> helloworld application. I want to initialize the board in single step
> modus
> with a debugger. Bur in the following part of
> FUNC_START(hal_thread_load_context) the debugger enters the exception mode
> between the steps from 2b888 to 2b88c.
>
>       lwz     r3,CYGARC_PPCREG_MSR(sp)       # merge interrupt state
>    2b87c: 80 61 00 90  lwz r3,144(r1)
>         hal_cpu_int_merge r3
>    2b880: 7c 00 00 a6  mfmsr r0
>    2b884: 50 60 04 20  rlwimi r0,r3,0,16,16
>    2b888: 7c 00 04 ac  sync
>    2b88c: 7c 00 01 24  mtmsr r0
>    2b890: 7c 00 04 ac  sync
>
> If I change r0 manually the debugger goes through without an error. At the
> moment I do not know which file I have to change so that I can normally go
> on
> with initializing my board.
> Thanks for your helping. If there is anything you want to know please
> write to
> LarsHerzfeld@gmx.de

That sounds like a problem I had with my XScale board. Make sure you have no
pending IRQ's. Check all IRQ registers (maybe from redboot) and try disable
possible IRQ sources. Because the "hello world" example is based on main()
function, it will be started in a new thread and the context change will
enable the IRQ's.

You could also try the eCos tests. If the basic (from hal) test work and the
context not, you have the pending IRQ problem.

Bye...

* [ECOS] error in hal_thread_load_context
@ 2005-08-10  9:42 Lars Herzfeld
From: Lars Herzfeld @ 2005-08-10  9:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zerocom; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Hi Stefan,

thanks for your answer.
I tested to run the basic test of eCos and it seems to function. But there is
another question. Which result must be written into the status line in the
summary tab? Do you know a documentation where I can read something about the
meanings of the different entries?

With kindly regards

Lars
--
Lars Herzfeld
Werner-Heisenberg-Weg 108

85579 Neubiberg
Germany

Tel: + 49 (0)89-60665751
Mobil: +49 (0)170-4473980

* [ECOS] error in hal_thread_load_context
@ 2005-08-05 11:36 Lars Herzfeld
From: Lars Herzfeld @ 2005-08-05 11:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

[...]

Tel: +49 89-60665751