* [ECOS] Loss frames In UDP, full Duplex asynchronous mode
@ 2005-09-05 11:01 e.coullien
From: e.coullien @ 2005-09-05 11:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi,

We lost UDP frames in full Duplex and asynchronous Send/Receive mode but not in
an Receive/Answer mode.

We tried 2 tests :

1) Synchronous mode : a PC send frames to the board every 20ms, and when
receiving a frame, the board send an answer frame. In this synchronous
configuration no problem was found. It works find !

2) Asynchronous mode : a board send frames to the PC every 20ms, and the PC send
a frame every second without synchronisation on the reception.
As the frame contains an incremental counter, we add some tests in the file
IF_FCC ("fcc_eth_int" and "fcc_eth_RxEvent" fonctions ) to detect a missing
frame. Then we saw that we lost some frames. We are sure that the PC send the
frame by analysing the communication with the Ethereal ethernet analyser.

We just tested it on a PowerPC board because we don't have other board.
Does someone ever find this kind of problem on an other board or have you an
idea how to search an explanation ?

Thanks,

E. Coullien

NOTE : CE COURRIER ELECTRONIQUE EST DESTINE EXCLUSIVEMENT AU(X) DESTINATAIRE(S) MENTIONNE(S) CI-DESSUS ET PEUT CONTENIR DES INFORMATIONS PRIVILEGIEES, CONFIDENTIELLES ET/OU ET/OU NON SOUMISES A DIVULGATION AUX TERMES DES LOIS APPLICABLES .  SI VOUS AVEZ RECU CE MESSAGE PAR ERREUR , OU S'IL NE VOUS EST PAS DESTINE, VEUILLEZ  LES SIGNALER IMMEDIATEMENT A L'EXPEDITEUR ET EFFACER CE COURRIER ELECTRONIQUE.

NOTE: This e-mail message is intended only for the named recipient(s) above and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you have received this message in error, or are not the named recipient(s), please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail message.

* [ECOS] Help for redboot porting
@ 2005-09-05 11:29 ` ganapathi
From: ganapathi @ 2005-09-05 11:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi,
    I am new to ecos and redboot environment.
    I like to port the redboot for my board.
    I am using linux ported for my mips core platform.
    Can you please give me some guide to porting the redboot.
    I have few queries here
        1. To porting the redboot do we need ecos?
        2. What are the source I need to download from the site for porting
the redboot?
        3. I know some thing about u-boot. Is the redboot similar to that,

    please give me your's thoughts and input for newbie. It will be very
much helpful to me.

    Thanks in Advance!
    Ganapathi C.

* Re: [ECOS] Loss frames In UDP, full Duplex asynchronous mode
@ 2005-09-06 10:34 ` Roy E Richardson
From: Roy E Richardson @ 2005-09-06 10:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: e.coullien, ecos-discuss

I don't know if this applies in this instances, but older MPC platform did
have noted "data caching"  macro issues
when attempting to use "HAL_DCACHE_FLUSH()" to ensure the buffer'd area is
forced to ram before the I/O operation occurs.  With the errors, if the base
address and length of the buffer are not both multpiles of 16. (cache
segment size), then the transmission could be outputting stale DRam values
(all cached write values not delivered as one expects).

The primary liability in
\packages\hal\powerpc\...\current\include\var_cache.h, is the assumption
that the base address is a multiple of the cache sement size - not
necessarily true...

Granted this is an "off the wall" potential, but it is one that could occur.
We'd believed to have experienced it, though it's difficult to prove. One
requires the ability to capture the outbound strem, rather large amounts
thereof, and then trying to parse same is a pain. .