* RE: [ECOS] Keyboard input with Redboot
@ 2002-03-28  3:48 Jing Luo
From: Jing Luo @ 2002-03-28  3:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

I got a problem with Redboot Flash Support when I was porting redboot to
Intel Xscale 80200EVB.

I followed the instrction for Flash support on
http://sources.redboot.com/ecos/docs-latest/porting/redboot-flash.html.

And I builded the library successfully.
[Question]
But when I booted up 80200EVB with redboot, I can't use any of the fis tool
set.
RedBoot> fis

** Error: Illegal command: "fis"

RedBoot> fconfig

** Error: Illegal command: "fconfig"

What I should do beyond the menu?

In eCos configuration tool, the CYGPKG_REDBOOT_FLASH set is in grey, is it
right?

The attachment is the flash_80200evb.cdl.

Wish to get your guys support soon!

[-- Attachment #2: flash_80200EVB.cdl --]

# ====================================================================
#
#      flash_80200evb.cdl
#
#      FLASH memory - Hardware support on Intel 80200EVB
#
# ====================================================================
#####COPYRIGHTBEGIN####
#
# -------------------------------------------
# The contents of this file are subject to the Red Hat eCos Public License
# Version 1.1 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in
# compliance with the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at
# http://www.redhat.com/
#
# Software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS"
# basis, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.  See the
# License for the specific language governing rights and limitations under
# the License.
#
# The Original Code is eCos - Embedded Configurable Operating System,
# released September 30, 1998.
#
# The Initial Developer of the Original Code is Red Hat.
# Portions created by Red Hat are
# Copyright (C) 1998, 1999, 2000 Red Hat, Inc.
# All Rights Reserved.
# -------------------------------------------
#
#####COPYRIGHTEND####
# ====================================================================
######DESCRIPTIONBEGIN####
#
# Author(s):      msalter
# Original data:  msalter
# Contributors:
# Date:           2000-10-10
#
#####DESCRIPTIONEND####
#
# ====================================================================

cdl_package CYGPKG_DEVS_FLASH_80200EVB {
    display       "Intel 28F016B3 80200EVB FLASH memory support"

    parent        CYGPKG_IO_FLASH
    active_if	  CYGPKG_IO_FLASH
    requires	  CYGPKG_HAL_ARM_80200EVB

    implements    CYGHWR_IO_FLASH_DEVICE
    implements    CYGHWR_IO_FLASH_DEVICE_NOT_IN_RAM

    include_dir   .
    include_files ; # none _exported_ whatsoever
    description   "FLASH memory device support for Intel 28F016B3 Flash Memory on 80200EVB platform"
    compile       80200EVB_flash.c
    make -priority 1 {
        flash_erase_block.o: $(REPOSITORY)/$(PACKAGE)/src/flash_erase_block.c
        $(CC) -S $(INCLUDE_PATH) $(CFLAGS) -g0 -fno-function-sections $(REPOSITORY)/$(PACKAGE)/src/flash_erase_block.c
        echo " .globl flash_erase_block_end" >>flash_erase_block.s
        echo "flash_erase_block_end:" >>flash_erase_block.s
        $(CC) -c -o flash_erase_block.o flash_erase_block.s
        $(AR) rcs $(PREFIX)/lib/libtarget.a flash_erase_block.o
    }
    make -priority 1 {
        flash_program_buf.o: $(REPOSITORY)/$(PACKAGE)/src/flash_program_buf.c
        $(CC) -S $(INCLUDE_PATH) $(CFLAGS) -g0 -fno-function-sections $(REPOSITORY)/$(PACKAGE)/src/flash_program_buf.c
        echo " .globl flash_program_buf_end" >>flash_program_buf.s
        echo "flash_program_buf_end:" >>flash_program_buf.s
        $(CC) -c -o flash_program_buf.o flash_program_buf.s
        $(AR) rcs $(PREFIX)/lib/libtarget.a flash_program_buf.o
    }
    make -priority 1 {
        flash_query.o: $(REPOSITORY)/$(PACKAGE)/src/flash_query.c
        $(CC) -S $(INCLUDE_PATH) $(CFLAGS) -g0 -fno-function-sections $(REPOSITORY)/$(PACKAGE)/src/flash_query.c
        echo " .globl flash_query_end" >>flash_query.s
        echo "flash_query_end:" >>flash_query.s
        $(CC) -c -o flash_query.o flash_query.s
        $(AR) rcs $(PREFIX)/lib/libtarget.a flash_query.o

* RE: [ECOS] Keyboard input with Redboot
@ 2002-03-28  5:50 ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2002-03-28  5:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jing Luo; +Cc: eCos Discussion

On Wed, 2002-03-27 at 19:30, Jing Luo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I got a problem with Redboot Flash Support when I was porting redboot to
> Intel Xscale 80200EVB.
>
> I followed the instrction for Flash support on
> http://sources.redboot.com/ecos/docs-latest/porting/redboot-flash.html.
>
> And I builded the library successfully.
> [Question]
> But when I booted up 80200EVB with redboot, I can't use any of the fis tool
> set.
> RedBoot> fis
>
> ** Error: Illegal command: "fis"
>
> RedBoot> fconfig
>
> ** Error: Illegal command: "fconfig"
>
> What I should do beyond the menu?
>
> In eCos configuration tool, the CYGPKG_REDBOOT_FLASH set is in grey, is it
> right?
>
> The attachment is the flash_80200evb.cdl.
>
> Wish to get your guys support soon!

Did you enable the generic FLASH layer (CYGPKG_IO_FLASH)?

* Re: [ECOS] Keyboard input with Redboot
@ 2002-03-27 17:45 Pete Barrie
From: Pete Barrie @ 2002-03-27 17:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

At 10:26 27/03/2002 -0800, you wrote:
>Hi all ..
>
>Currently I am working on ecos from cvs on i386 pc.
>Let me explain my problem in detail:
>I have made a redboot floppy for i386 pc from updated
>ecos.
>It is working fine, I can load my allication in to it
>.
>My application is  build for i386 pc which is also
>working fine for Ram startup and for floppy startup
>.But problem with my ecos is that I can not  debug  it
>by adding some input functions like scanf() ,gets().
>whenever these functions come across debuger,it simply
>hangs for waiting input from keyboard.It can not
>take input from target side(Redboot) as well as from
>host side(Gdb).But these functions are working fine
>with floppy .
>  I have tokill & restart the same debugging process
>but the same thing happens again and again.
>  I have enabled all the option like...
>   CYGNUM_HAL_VIRTUAL_VECTOR_CONSOLE_CHANNEL for
>"Diagnostic serial port"
>  CYGSEM_HAL_I386_PC_DIAG_SCREEN  for "Output to PC
>screen ,
>
>CYGINT_HAL_VIRTUAL_VECTOR_SUPPORT  for vector support.
>But no result from these .When I trace the problem it
>seems that
>instead of calling to  hal_diag_init() from
>HAL_DIAG_INIT() in hal_diag.h
>it is calling  hal_if_diag_init().Is it the right
>call?
>I thing it is creating the problem.
>I have made an attempt to invoke the   hal_diag_init()
>function which is calling the screen & keyboards
>initialisation functions in turns,but I failed .
>
>Please help me if somebody has overcome the same
>problem.

My settings to use Pc Screen/keyboard:

With i386 target I took the default ecc file and changed the
following macros in the 1.3.net configuration tool:
CYGSEM_HAL_I386_PC_DIAG_SCREEN True
CYGSEM_HAL_VIRTUAL_VECTOR_INHERIT_CONSOLE False
CYGNUM_HAL_VIRTUAL_VECTOR_COMM_CHANNELS 3
CYGNUM_HAL_VIRTUAL_VECTOR_CONSOLE_CHANNEL 2
CYGNUM_HAL_VIRTUAL_VECTOR_CONSOLE_CHANNEL_DEFAULT 2
CYGDBG_HAL_DIAG_TO_DEBUG_CHAN False
You can search for these using the Find button on the Toolbar.
Then I did:
Build | Clean
Build | Library
Then I remade my application to link with updated
kernel configuration.
So now for example, printf() goes to PC screen,
scanf() comes from PC keyboard.
Thanks to Jonathan Larmour for his help

HTH. Pete

@ 2002-03-27 14:16 umesh jaiswal