* [ECOS] ecos gdb
@ 2002-03-25 23:00 Max
From: Max @ 2002-03-25 23:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Host platform= Win98
Traget=PC
GDB=GUI GDB5.1.1

From File->Target Settings-> Connect, under target I see there 4 types I can
choose from, they are:
cisco/serial
cisco/TCP
remote/serial
remote/TCP

I dont understand how cisco/XXX and remote/XXX differ. I did "help target"
see below, it does not help me much. Does it to you?

List of target subcommands:

target async -- Use a remote computer via a serial line
target cisco -- Use a remote machine via TCP
target exec -- Use an executable file as a target
target extended-async -- Use a remote computer via a serial line
target extended-remote -- Use a remote computer via a serial line
target remote -- Use a remote computer via a serial line

* Re: [ECOS] ecos gdb
@ 2002-04-01 22:47 ` Jesper Skov
From: Jesper Skov @ 2002-04-01 22:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Max; +Cc: eCos Discuss

On Tue, 2002-03-26 at 06:07, Max wrote:
> Host platform= Win98
> Traget=PC
> GDB=GUI GDB5.1.1
>
> >From File->Target Settings-> Connect, under target I see there 4 types I can
> choose from, they are:
> cisco/serial
> cisco/TCP
> remote/serial
> remote/TCP
>
> I dont understand how cisco/XXX and remote/XXX differ. I did "help target"
> see below, it does not help me much. Does it to you?
>
> List of target subcommands:
>
> target async -- Use a remote computer via a serial line
> target cisco -- Use a remote machine via TCP
> target exec -- Use an executable file as a target
> target extended-async -- Use a remote computer via a serial line
> target extended-remote -- Use a remote computer via a serial line
> target remote -- Use a remote computer via a serial line

Why does it matter? Use 'target remote' as documented and you should be
fine.

Jesper