* [ECOS] alarm not triggering
       [not found] <1064831702.28405.ezmlm@sources.redhat.com>
@ 2003-09-29 11:21 ` Mahesh
From: Mahesh @ 2003-09-29 11:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos

  Hi,
     I am working on eCos in Linux.I am using sid as the simulator and
  working on arm target(simulator only).

           I have initialized a timer and below that there is a while
  loop,which will come out only when the alarm is triggered(using flag).
  But the code gets stuck in the loop.The real time clock is not
  incrementing at all.
  The same code works in other part,but gets stuck in some parts.
  Plz reply back.
  Thanks nad Regards
  Mahesh

This email with any attachments is for the exclusive use of the intended
recipient/s & may contain confidential & legally privileged information.
If you are not the intended recipient pls notify the sender immediately
& delete the email from your system. Any unauthorised use, disclosure,
printing, dissemination, forwarding or copying of this mail is strictly
prohibited and unlawful.
Visit us at : http://www.cranessoftware.com

* Re: [ECOS] alarm not triggering
@ 2003-09-30  2:06   ` Satish Kumar
From: Satish Kumar @ 2003-09-30  2:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mahesh; +Cc: ecos

have u tried testing other sample programs shipped in the ecos
repository on ur sid..? try testing programs like clocktruth and
tm_basic present in the kernel/v2_0/tests/ directory.

    if u fail to get them workin on ur sid then report back with details.

satish

On 29 Sep 2003 16:27:49 +0530
Mahesh <mahesh@cranessoftware.com> wrote:

>   Hi,
>      I am working on eCos in Linux.I am using sid as the simulator and
>   working on arm target(simulator only).
>
>            I have initialized a timer and below that there is a while
>   loop,which will come out only when the alarm is triggered(using flag).
>   But the code gets stuck in the loop.The real time clock is not
>   incrementing at all.
>   The same code works in other part,but gets stuck in some parts.
>   Plz reply back.
>   Thanks nad Regards
>   Mahesh

> This email with any attachments is for the exclusive use of the intended
> recipient/s & may contain confidential & legally privileged information.
> If you are not the intended recipient pls notify the sender immediately
> & delete the email from your system. Any unauthorised use, disclosure,
> printing, dissemination, forwarding or copying of this mail is strictly
> prohibited and unlawful.
> Visit us at : http://www.cranessoftware.com
>

> --

Satish Kumar <satish@bvt.sc.sanyo.co.jp>

* Re: [ECOS] alarm not triggering
@ 2003-09-30  4:44     ` Mahesh
From: Mahesh @ 2003-09-30  4:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Satish Kumar; +Cc: ecos

Hi,
    Thanks for the reply.
    I tried the sample tests and here only clocktruth passed but
tm_basic got stuck after this line

255.93  124.80  387.20  66.13  50%  25%  Alarm Latency [2  Threads]

I have to test some other tests also or these are sufficient.
Plz reply me back

On Tue, 2003-09-30 at 07:35, Satish Kumar wrote:
> have u tried testing other sample programs shipped in the ecos
> repository on ur sid..? try testing programs like clocktruth and
> tm_basic present in the kernel/v2_0/tests/ directory.
>
>     if u fail to get them workin on ur sid then report back with details.
>
> satish
>

> On 29 Sep 2003 16:27:49 +0530
> Mahesh <mahesh@cranessoftware.com> wrote:
>
> >   Hi,
> >      I am working on eCos in Linux.I am using sid as the simulator and
> >   working on arm target(simulator only).
> >
> >            I have initialized a timer and below that there is a while
> >   loop,which will come out only when the alarm is triggered(using flag).
> >   But the code gets stuck in the loop.The real time clock is not
> >   incrementing at all.
> >   The same code works in other part,but gets stuck in some parts.
> >   Plz reply back.
> >   Thanks nad Regards
> >   Mahesh

> > This email with any attachments is for the exclusive use of the intended
> > recipient/s & may contain confidential & legally privileged information.
> > If you are not the intended recipient pls notify the sender immediately
> > & delete the email from your system. Any unauthorised use, disclosure,
> > printing, dissemination, forwarding or copying of this mail is strictly
> > prohibited and unlawful.
> > Visit us at : http://www.cranessoftware.com
> >

> > --
> > Before posting, please read the FAQ: http://sources.redhat.com/fom/ecos
>
> --
> Satish Kumar <satish@bvt.sc.sanyo.co.jp>

This email with any attachments is for the exclusive use of the intended
recipient/s & may contain confidential & legally privileged information.
If you are not the intended recipient pls notify the sender immediately
& delete the email from your system. Any unauthorised use, disclosure,
printing, dissemination, forwarding or copying of this mail is strictly
prohibited and unlawful.
Visit us at : http://www.cranessoftware.com

* Re:Re:[ECOS] alarm not triggering
@ 2003-09-30  6:01       ` Mahesh
From: Mahesh @ 2003-09-30  6:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Satish Kumar; +Cc: ecos

 Hi,
     Thanks for the reply.
     I tried the sample tests and here only clocktruth passed but
 tm_basic got stuck after this line

 255.93  124.80  387.20  66.13  50%  25%  Alarm Latency [2  Threads]

 I have to test some other tests also or these are sufficient.
 Plz reply me back
Thanks and Regards
Mahe

@ 2003-09-30 11:06 ` Slawek
From: Slawek @ 2003-09-30 11:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos

Have you declared "delay_flag" globally?
(Are you sure it's the same variable?)

Have you declared it as volatile?
(Are you sure compiler doesn't optimise it?)

Are you sure alarm timer function runs on higher priority than waiting loop?

--
Slawek Piotrowski

From: Mahesh @ 2003-09-30 10:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos

Hi,
   The code given below is getting stuck in the while loop.
Plz give solution for it.

Code is

	system_clock=cyg_real_time_clock();
	cyg_clock_to_counter(system_clock,&handle_counterTdly);
        cyg_alarm_create(handle_counterTdly, alarm_Tpdly_func,0,
                                 &handle_alarmTdly, &alarm_Tdly);
	cyg_alarm_initialize(handle_alarmTdly,cyg_current_time()+Tdly,0);
        delay_flag=0;
	// reception of Tdly
	while(1)
	{