* [ECOS] Re: problems in the patch
       [not found] <3DB7E82E@webmail>
@ 2002-10-28  6:58 ` Tim Drury
From: Tim Drury @ 2002-10-28  6:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: MAX Kuo; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Max,

I read all the emails on the ecos list so sending this to me directly
won't provide too much information.  I really don't know what your
problem is below, but it is _not_ an ecos problem - it sounds more
like a cygwin problem.  Have you searched the cygwin faq and email
list archives?  The only other suggestions I would have are:
1) are you sure gunzip is installed and in the path?
2) if I recall correctly, cygwin used to have problems being installed
or working out of directories with spaces in the name
(i.e. "program files"). I would install cygwin and ecos in a
directory tree that has no spaces in the names.

I hope you figure out your problem.

-tim

MAX Kuo wrote:

> Hello Tim and Thomas
>
> I  really get some serious troublein install the whole ecos.
>
> I use the "ecos-latest.tar.gz" that file from the net at 24 oct 2002.
>
> I use tar xzvf to extreact it in the program files\ red hat this folder
>
> and i install the ecso configTool 2.11 fromthe net
>
> when i run the configTools, and i want ot apply Thomas Koeller patch
>
> http://sources.redhat.com/ml/ecos-patches/2002-10/msg00008.html
>
> but it just show the error message below:
>

> >>Command exexution erroe:
> >>
> >>extracting pkgadd.db:
> >>coundn't execute "gunzip": no such file or directory?
>

> the file i download is about 8 to 10 kb and i really cannot apply it
> through
> many way that i tried for one whole week.
>
> can i put the file under red\ har that folder and
> use tar xzvf to extract the epk file?
> or you can tell me how to apply the patch?
>

> and I wonder how to apply Tim Drury patch in window?
> because his patch is not in epk form??
>

> many thanks
>
> max

* Re: [ECOS] Re: problems in the patch
@ 2002-10-28  7:04   ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2002-10-28  7:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tim Drury; +Cc: MAX Kuo, eCos Discussion

On Mon, 2002-10-28 at 08:58, Tim Drury wrote:

> Max,
>
> I read all the emails on the ecos list so sending this to me directly
> won't provide too much information.  I really don't know what your
> problem is below, but it is _not_ an ecos problem - it sounds more
> like a cygwin problem.  Have you searched the cygwin faq and email
> list archives?  The only other suggestions I would have are:
> 1) are you sure gunzip is installed and in the path?
> 2) if I recall correctly, cygwin used to have problems being installed
> or working out of directories with spaces in the name
> (i.e. "program files"). I would install cygwin and ecos in a
> directory tree that has no spaces in the names.
>
> I hope you figure out your problem.

I'd say to try the change Jonathan made last week which changed the
use of "gunzip" to be "gzip -d".

> -tim
>

> MAX Kuo wrote:
>
> > Hello Tim and Thomas
> >
> > I  really get some serious troublein install the whole ecos.
> >
> > I use the "ecos-latest.tar.gz" that file from the net at 24 oct 2002.
> >
> > I use tar xzvf to extreact it in the program files\ red hat this folder
> >
> > and i install the ecso configTool 2.11 fromthe net
> >
> > when i run the configTools, and i want ot apply Thomas Koeller patch
> >
> > http://sources.redhat.com/ml/ecos-patches/2002-10/msg00008.html
> >
> > but it just show the error message below:

> > the file i download is about 8 to 10 kb and i really cannot apply it
> > through
> > many way that i tried for one whole week.
> >
> > can i put the file under red\ har that folder and
> > use tar xzvf to extract the epk file?
> > or you can tell me how to apply the patch?
> >

> > and I wonder how to apply Tim Drury patch in window?
> > because his patch is not in epk form??
> >

> > many thanks
> >
> > max
> >

> --

Gary Thomas                  |
eCosCentric, Ltd.            |
+1 (970) 229-1963            |  eCos & RedBoot experts
gthomas@ecoscentric.com      |
http://www.ecoscentric.com/  |