* [ECOS] documentation
@ 2002-11-12  0:23 Bob Koninckx
From: Bob Koninckx @ 2002-11-12  0:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi,

I have been working / improving on the mpc555 port this WE (mainly
further testing and improved serial debugging support, ctrl-c now
works). I was thinking of writing _some_ (certainly not too much, not
really something I like to do) documentation before submitting a patch.

Any pointers on the subject could be convenient (maybe I overlooked
something on the web). In particular

* How to generate the documentation from the source tree ?
* How is the documentation organized
* What belongs in which files ?
* Any conventions to follow ?

Thanks,
Bob

PS. Which cvs command generates a patch file in the format you guys
like? Do I run it in the root of the source tree or better generate
patches for those subsystems i changed?

ir. Bob Koninckx
Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
Division Production Engineering,                   tel.  +32 16 322535
Machine Design and Automation                      fax.  +32 16 322987
Celestijnenlaan 300B                  bob.koninckx@mech.kuleuven.ac.be
B-3001 Leuven Belgium               http://www.mech.kuleuven.ac.be/pma

* Re: [ECOS] Documentation
@ 2006-08-11  8:05   ` Hans Huebner
From: Hans Huebner @ 2006-08-11  8:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Fernandez, ecos-discuss

On Fri, Aug 11, 2006 at 08:55:32AM +0100, David Fernandez wrote:
>       Just a simple question... To write the .sgml documentation files (that
> seem to be linuxdoc): Is there any recommended WYSIWYG application that
> saves into that format?. Or should they be written in the raw linuxdoc
> DTD format?.

As the documentation seems to be (is?) in DocBook format, the Vex
(http://vex.sourceforge.net/) Eclipse plugin may also be useful to
edit the eCos documentation.  Other DocBook capable editors might also
be useful.

-Hans

* Re: [ECOS] Documentation
@ 2006-08-11  7:59 ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2006-08-11  7:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Fernandez; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On Fri, Aug 11, 2006 at 08:55:32AM +0100, David Fernandez wrote:

> 	Hi there,
>
> 	Just a simple question... To write the .sgml documentation files (that
> seem to be linuxdoc): Is there any recommended WYSIWYG application that
> saves into that format?. Or should they be written in the raw linuxdoc
> DTD format?.

I just use emacs and write the .sgml directly. The markup is pritty
easy to understand. Just copy some other document as a template.

     Andrew

* [ECOS] Documentation
@ 2006-08-11  7:55 David Fernandez