* [ECOS] eCos Porting to SPARC V8 Architecture
@ 2005-05-06 10:36 Bhatia, Deepak
From: Bhatia, Deepak @ 2005-05-06 10:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hello,

Please help me in understanding whether GNU C/C++ Compilers are good for the
SPARC V8 Architecture based CPUs.

Regards

Deepak Bhatia
Software Consultant
Patni Computer Systems Limited
Mobile: 91 98111 96957

* Re: [ECOS] eCos Porting to SPARC V8 Architecture
@ 2005-05-06 10:42 ` Raja Mallik
From: Raja Mallik @ 2005-05-06 10:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bhatia, Deepak; +Cc: ecos-discuss

http://kegel.com/crosstool/#download

- you might as well try and build one on your won..
- this is very good for any platform..

-raja

@ 2005-05-06 10:45   ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2005-05-06 10:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Raja Mallik; +Cc: Bhatia, Deepak, eCos Discussion

On Fri, 2005-05-06 at 16:14 +0530, Raja Mallik wrote:
> http://kegel.com/crosstool/#download
>
> - you might as well try and build one on your won..
> - this is very good for any platform..

While I agree that Dan's tool is very useful, one needs to be careful as
crosstool is mostly setup for generating Linux tool chains.  In general,
these are not what we use with eCos - make sure you are building the
appropriate embedded (ABI) tools.

@ 2005-05-06 11:06 ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2005-05-06 11:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Raghu; +Cc: Raja Mallik, Bhatia, Deepak, eCos Discussion

On Fri, 2005-05-06 at 04:01 -0700, Raghu wrote:
> Hi,
> Does this mean we need to build "sparc" compiler
> target as with "sparc-elf" for eCOS ?

Yes.

@ 2005-05-06 11:02 Raghu
From: Raghu @ 2005-05-06 11:02 UTC (permalink / raw)