* [ECOS] How can I build redboot with no MMU? (8xx based)
@ 2005-05-11 14:04 xinumike-rtos
From: xinumike-rtos @ 2005-05-11 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

I just can't get my board to function after the
MMU is enabled.
Is there a way to build redboot without the
MMU?

Thanks,
 Mike

* Re: [ECOS] How can I build redboot with no MMU? (8xx based)
@ 2005-05-11 16:21 ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2005-05-11 16:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xinumike-rtos; +Cc: eCos Discussion

On Wed, 2005-05-11 at 06:26 -0700, xinumike-rtos@yahoo.com wrote:
> I just can't get my board to function after the
> MMU is enabled.
> Is there a way to build redboot without the
> MMU?

This is not wise on the PowerPC.

You should investigate why it's failing when you enable the MMU.
Try putting some 'diag_printf()' messages in the function
'cyg_hal_map_memory' in hal/powerpc/mpc8xx/current/src/var_misc.c

* Re: [ECOS] How can I build redboot with no MMU? (8xx based)
@ 2005-05-11 20:25 ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2005-05-11 20:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xinumike-rtos; +Cc: eCos Discussion

On Wed, 2005-05-11 at 06:55 -0700, xinumike-rtos@yahoo.com wrote:
> Gary and Everybody,
>
> Where should I start to see printf's showing up?
>
> Will this happen before the MMU?
>
> I see the SMC enable happen, but have not seen
> any data, but of course I crash when I enable
> the mmu.

These messages will come out on the system console (which is most
likely SMC1) and yes of course they happen before the MMU is enabled
because they are in the code that sets up the MMU.

@ 2005-05-11 20:23 xinumike-rtos
From: xinumike-rtos @ 2005-05-11 20:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gary Thomas, xinumike-rtos; +Cc: eCos Discussion