* [ECOS] download Application to load redboot on an Intel x86 PC
@ 2005-07-05 13:33 Mukund JB.
From: Mukund JB. @ 2005-07-05 13:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss
  Cc: Frank Pagliughi, Marcin Glogowski, Gary Thomas, Manfred Gruber

Dear all,

I have worked on the Cirrus EBD9312 board for a while & got some
experiences working with redboot Boot Monitor.

Now, I have requirement of running the Redboot on the X-86 PC platforms.

I could find the redboot pre-build binary for the x86 PC platform in the
RedBoot binaries and support files section.

	http://ecos.sourceware.org/ecos/boards/redbootbins/x86pc/

Can some one please suggest me where can I find the download.exe to load
the redboot.bin file to the TARGET X-86 PC platform?

Regards,
Mukund Jampala

* Re: [ECOS] download Application to load redboot on an Intel x86 PC
@ 2005-07-05 13:43 ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2005-07-05 13:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mukund JB.
  Cc: ecos-discuss, Frank Pagliughi, Marcin Glogowski, Gary Thomas,
	Manfred Gruber

> I could find the redboot pre-build binary for the x86 PC platform in the
> RedBoot binaries and support files section.
>
> 	http://ecos.sourceware.org/ecos/boards/redbootbins/x86pc/
>
> Can some one please suggest me where can I find the download.exe to load
> the redboot.bin file to the TARGET X-86 PC platform?

What download.exe are you talking about?

        Andrew

* Re: [ECOS] download Application to load redboot on an Intel x86 PC
@ 2005-07-05 13:52 ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2005-07-05 13:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mukund JB.
  Cc: eCos Discussion, Frank Pagliughi, Marcin Glogowski, Manfred Gruber

On Tue, 2005-07-05 at 19:12 +0530, Mukund JB. wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I have worked on the Cirrus EBD9312 board for a while & got some
> experiences working with redboot Boot Monitor.
>
> Now, I have requirement of running the Redboot on the X-86 PC platforms.
>
> I could find the redboot pre-build binary for the x86 PC platform in the
> RedBoot binaries and support files section.
>
> 	http://ecos.sourceware.org/ecos/boards/redbootbins/x86pc/
>
> Can some one please suggest me where can I find the download.exe to load
> the redboot.bin file to the TARGET X-86 PC platform?

RedBoot is not typically installed directly into FLASH on an x86 PC
as it is on the Cirrus boards.  The common case is to boot RedBoot
from a floppy or some other media.

* Re: [ECOS] download Application to load redboot on an Intel x86 PC
@ 2005-07-05 13:53   ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2005-07-05 13:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Lunn
  Cc: Mukund JB.,
	eCos Discussion, Frank Pagliughi, Marcin Glogowski,
	Manfred Gruber

On Tue, 2005-07-05 at 15:43 +0200, Andrew Lunn wrote:
> > I could find the redboot pre-build binary for the x86 PC platform in the
> > RedBoot binaries and support files section.
> >
> > 	http://ecos.sourceware.org/ecos/boards/redbootbins/x86pc/
> >
> > Can some one please suggest me where can I find the download.exe to load
> > the redboot.bin file to the TARGET X-86 PC platform?
>
> What download.exe are you talking about?

This is a tool that Cirrus provides to program their FLASH.  It's
used to install RedBoot on a board, without using JTAG, etc.

* RE: [ECOS] download Application to load redboot on an Intel x86 PC
@ 2005-07-06  4:48 Mukund JB.
From: Mukund JB. @ 2005-07-06  4:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Lunn
  Cc: ecos-discuss, Frank Pagliughi, Marcin Glogowski, Gary Thomas,
	Manfred Gruber

Dear Andrew,

This is an application provided by the Cirrus to load redboot.bin to the
Flash of the Cirrus Evaluation boards.

My requirement is to boot the X86 PC with redboot Boot Monitor.

Regards,
Mukund Jampala

Glogowski;

@ 2005-07-06  4:46 Mukund JB.
From: Mukund JB. @ 2005-07-06  4:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gary Thomas
  Cc: eCos Discussion, Frank Pagliughi, Marcin Glogowski, Manfred Gruber

Dear Gray,

Thanks for the quick response.
I have a quick requirement of booting my X86 with Redboot monitor.
Could you suggest some way to write to the floppy and execute it
quickly?

I mean is there a code which I can use to prepare the redboot boot
floppy by writing it to the floppy?

Waiting for your valuable suggestion.
Regards,
Mukund Jampala