From: Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com>
To: Michael Anburaj <embeddedeng@hotmail.com>
Cc: eCos Discussion <ecos-discuss@ecos.sourceware.org>
Subject: Re: [ECOS] SOS: [ECOS] issues: memcpy in flash_config_insert_value & exec -r
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 01:30:00 -0000	[thread overview]

On Tue, 2005-07-12 at 01:22 +0000, Michael Anburaj wrote:
> Can someone help me please!
>
> Thanks,
> -Mike.
>
> >From: "Michael Anburaj" <embeddedeng@hotmail.com>
> >To: ecos-discuss@ecos.sourceware.org
> >Subject: [ECOS] issues: memcpy in flash_config_insert_value & exec -r
> >Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 10:30:16 +0000
> >
> >Hi,
> >
> >H/w : MIPS atlas, 4Kc
> >Build: Redboot_ROM
> >source: latest from CVS
> >
> >Issue #1: memcpy in flash_config_insert_value (fconfig.c), case CONFIG_ESA
> >throws an exception (I guess) casues Redboot to hang-up (with GDB command
> >$T0b25...)
> >
> >dp = 0x80fbf016
> >&opt-dflt = 0x800010bc
> >size = 6
> >
> >Other cases work fine:
> >
> >case CONFIG_BOOL:
> >dp = 0x80fbf02e
> >&opt-dflt = 0x800010d4
> >size = 4
> >
> >Let me know the reason behind this. For now, I have bypassed this by
> >commenting out the memcpy for the CONFIG_ESA case.

Try looking carefully at how the flash_config structures are set up in
the ethernet driver you are using.   The way RedBoot handles CONFIG_ESA
data changed (about 2 years ago) and I suspect that this driver was not
updated.

> >Issue #2:
> >The redboot command "exec" is supposed to have -r option for RamDisk, but
> >in my Redboot build I don't see this option. Let me know if I need to
> >included some packages for this or enable some option in Redboot config.

There does not seem to be any support for ramdisks in the MIPS HAL.
What makes you think this option is supported?

n.b. the 'exec' command is highly HAL/target specific.  Not all options
are available for all targets, etc.