* [ECOS] Problem using the POSIX template
@ 2005-08-18 16:53 Neugebauer Manfred
From: Neugebauer Manfred @ 2005-08-18 16:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hallo,

We started to use eCos 2.0 on Suse Linux 9.2 on a PC. We were successful to create a minimal configuration with the configtool and boot it via a floppy.

We recognized that we need the POSIX template to have access to functions as pthread_create(). However, the problem with this configuration is that we get unresolved link messages for "printf()". I looked at the mail archive and recognized that others had already this problem, but the mail exchange stopped before this issue was resolved. How do I solve this problem?

We also tried to use the "all" configuration, but we get linking errors due to doubled defined communication functions.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen - With Regards

Manfred Neugebauer

* Re: [ECOS] Problem using the POSIX template
@ 2005-08-18 17:02 ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2005-08-18 17:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Neugebauer Manfred; +Cc: eCos Discussion

On Thu, 2005-08-18 at 18:53 +0200, Neugebauer Manfred wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> We started to use eCos 2.0 on Suse Linux 9.2 on a PC. We were
> successful to create a minimal configuration with the configtool
> and boot it via a floppy.
>
> We recognized that we need the POSIX template to have access to
> functions as pthread_create(). However, the problem with this
> configuration is that we get unresolved link messages for "printf()".
> I looked at the mail archive and recognized that others had already
> this problem, but the mail exchange stopped before this issue was resolved.
> How do I solve this problem?
>
> We also tried to use the "all" configuration, but we get linking
> errors due to doubled defined communication functions.

First thing, I'd *really* suggest that you use the CVS version of eCos.
Version 2.0 is now more than 2 years old.

When you switched templates, did you start fresh, or try to do it in
the same build directory?  If so, this is a problem as the makefiles
don't always work well when [potentially] massive changes like a new
template are made.