* [ECOS] Redboot on AT91M55800A
@ 2007-04-30  9:16 collaone
From: collaone @ 2007-04-30  9:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: eCos Discussion

Hi all,
I've compiled Redboot for an evaluation board with AT91M55800A processor, if I
download the bin image via serial using a bootloader already present, Redboot
won't start, but if I use the Multi-ICE to download elf image in RAM, it work fine.
That's strange, becouse I've set ROM startup.
Another thing is the baudrate, setting 38400 in configtool, Redboot work in
19200,  and the command baud return 38400.
I can download via Redboot, an ecos image (srec format), but it hang if I make
it run.

What's wrong?

Best regards

* Re: [ECOS] Redboot on AT91M55800A
@ 2007-03-29 18:02         ` collaone
From: collaone @ 2007-03-29 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Lunn; +Cc: Gary Thomas, eCos Discussion

Scrive Andrew Lunn <andrew@lunn.ch>:

> > >I've tried also to use diag_printf() calls, but with no success, maybe
> the
> > >serial port isn't well configured.
>
> The AT91{SX} platforms have two serial ports. It is a configuration
> option which to use for diagnostic output. How many serial ports does
> your target have? Have you tried both?
>
>      Andrew

Yes, there are two serial ports. I'm using the port 0, and I'm pretty sure this
is the one I've configured.
The other port doesn't work with the bmon loader installed.
I'll check the port number option. Thanks

* Re: [ECOS] Redboot on AT91M55800A
@ 2007-03-29 15:57       ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2007-03-29 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gary Thomas; +Cc: collaone, eCos Discussion

       [not found]   ` <1175179802.460bd21a974fc@webmail2.units.it>
@ 2007-03-29 15:13     ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2007-03-29 15:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: collaone; +Cc: eCos Discussion

Please keep your replies on the list so that all may benefit.
Private email support is available only with a support contract.

collaone@gnbts.units.it wrote:
> Thank you for the quick reply.
>
> Scrive Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com>:
>
>> collaone@gnbts.units.it wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>> I'm trying to port eCos on an evaulation board with AT91M55800A device.
>>> I've compiled the only Redboot environment, but it doesn't work.
>>> Using leds, I've modified the hardware setup to meet the board's
>>> characteristics, and now it hung on cyg_hal_invoke_constructors.
>>> If I jump over this function, it enter in a loop in the function
>> cyg_start.
>>> I need help to solve this problem.
>> Do you have JTAG with debugging capability?  If so, that's the
>> best way to attack new board ports.
>
> Yes, I've The Multi-ice, but I can't download an image in flash with it.
> There is a simple bootloader installed in flash, it help me to download the
> Redboot image, and to start it.
>
>> Lacking that, I'd start by getting the serial console working.
>> This is normally pretty easy (most ports are about the same
>> with only a few details that change).  The serial debug port
>> gets initialized very early on - typically in the variant/platform
>> init code.  Once it's working, you can use diag_printf() calls
>> to work your way through the remaining issues.

> I've tried also to use diag_printf() calls, but with no success, maybe the
> serial port isn't well configured.

I'd work on this first or figure out how to use the JTAG once
you have it in FLASH (I presume that's what your simple loader
can do).

* Re: [ECOS] Redboot on AT91M55800A
@ 2007-03-29 15:00 ` Gary Thomas
       [not found]   ` <1175179802.460bd21a974fc@webmail2.units.it>