* [ECOS] NAND flash driver
@ 2007-11-12  8:53 Alexey Shusharin
From: Alexey Shusharin @ 2007-11-12  8:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi all

I want to replace NOR flash on my board by SAMSUNG NAND flash (K9F5608).
Unfortunately there are no driver for it and i'm going to write it
myself. So i have some questions.

Which version of flash library should i use? Is flash_v2 branch
preferred or not? What benefits can i get with flash_v2?

Which example of NAND flash driver could you recommend me?
Now i'm going to use TOSHIBA TC58xxx driver by Gary Thomas as base for
my driver, but i'm confused by difference between flash_v1 and flash_v2
version of this driver. V2 driver doesn't have ECC calculation code. Is
it because this version is older?

And again about ECC. Are there common functions for ECC calculation or
each NAND flash driver should have own ECC implementation?

I appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.
Alexey Shusharin

only message in thread, other threads:[~2007-11-12  8:53 UTC | newest]