* [ECOS] tcl84.dll missing after ecos installation
@ 2012-04-20 16:34 abhishek srivastava
From: abhishek srivastava @ 2012-04-20 16:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos discuss

after cygwin and ecos installation,while opening configtool, tcl84.dll is missing.how to acquire it or can it be installed by installing any package from cygwin setup? i have already installed tcl-tk package.
i have also downloaded tcl84.dll from internet but when i place it in cygwin/bin directory, and try to open configtool,it cannot find the root of the ecos repository tree even though ecos.db is available under D:\cygwin\opt\ecos\ecos-3.0\packages. why it is happening this way??

any possible solutions??

thank you

regards
Abhishek

* RE: [ECOS] tcl84.dll missing after ecos installation
@ 2012-04-20 17:13 ` Christophe Coutand
From: Christophe Coutand @ 2012-04-20 17:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: abhishek srivastava, ecos discuss

Do you have the same problem using the ecosconfig? What is the exact error message?

Can you provide the output of "ldd configtool.exe"? Is it using tcl84.dll from cygwin or some other installation?

Christophe

@ 2012-04-20 18:32   ` abhishek srivastava
From: abhishek srivastava @ 2012-04-20 18:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christophe Coutand; +Cc: ecos discuss

sir
yes,i am having same problem with ecosconfig. once i type "ecosconfig list" in cygwin it says, "Aborted (core dumped)"
,ay be tcl84.dll used is not from cygwin as earlier i was getting error of "tcl84.dll missing".......i managed to download any random tcl84.dll from internet and use it but didnt worked,it seems...........can i have original tcl84.dll for cygwin.......how can  get it?from which cygwin package?

and,last,i am not getting any output for "ldd configtool.exe".......no such file or directory

Abhishek kumar Srivastava

Do you have the same problem using the ecosconfig? What is the exact error message?

Can you provide the output of "ldd configtool.exe"? Is it using tcl84.dll from cygwin or some other installation?

Christophe

after cygwin and ecos installation,while opening configtool, tcl84.dll is missing.how to acquire it or can it be installed by installing any package from cygwin setup? i have already installed tcl-tk package.
i have also downloaded tcl84.dll from internet but when i place it in cygwin/bin directory, and try to open configtool,it cannot find the root of the ecos repository tree even though ecos.db is available under D:\cygwin\opt\ecos\ecos-3.0\packages. why it is happening this way??

any possible solutions??

thank you

regards
Abhishek

* [ECOS] Re: tcl84.dll missing after ecos installation
@ 2012-04-22 20:12 ` John Dallaway
From: John Dallaway @ 2012-04-22 20:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: abhishek srivastava; +Cc: ecos discuss

abhishek srivastava wrote:

> after cygwin and ecos installation,while opening configtool, tcl84.dll
> is missing.how to acquire it or can it be installed by installing any
> package from cygwin setup? i have already installed tcl-tk package.
> i have also downloaded tcl84.dll from internet but when i place it in
> cygwin/bin directory, and try to open configtool,it cannot find the
> root of the ecos repository tree even though ecos.db is available under
> D:\cygwin\opt\ecos\ecos-3.0\packages. why it is happening this way??

Note that the current Cygwin-hosted eCos hosts tools require a _cygwin_
build of tcl84.dll. A native windows build of this DLL is not suitable.

The Cygwin project is now distributing libtcl8.5.dll rather than tcl84.dll.

I will generate new snapshot builds of the eCos host tools which use
libtcl8.5.dll and announce to this list.

John Dallaway
eCos maintainer
http://www.dallaway.org.uk/john

* Re: [ECOS] Re: tcl84.dll missing after ecos installation
@ 2012-04-24 15:47   ` Liam Knight
From: Liam Knight @ 2012-04-24 15:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos discuss

On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 9:11 PM, John Dallaway <john@dallaway.org.uk> wrote:
[...]
> Note that the current Cygwin-hosted eCos hosts tools require a _cygwin_
> build of tcl84.dll. A native windows build of this DLL is not suitable.
>
> The Cygwin project is now distributing libtcl8.5.dll rather than tcl84.dll.
>
> I will generate new snapshot builds of the eCos host tools which use
> libtcl8.5.dll and announce to this list.

Excuse my ignorance but surely this is just moving the problem until
the next update of libtcl?  Would it not be better to link against the
static tcl library so the executable is not dependent on the shared
library?

Liam