* [ECOS] Motorola MBX860 board support, drivers
@ 1999-02-08 13:08 Paul Norton
       [not found] ` < 14015.7675.916805.979493@grumpy.ccnusa.com >
From: Paul Norton @ 1999-02-08 13:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Has anyone announced any plans to port eCos to the Motorola MBX860
platform?  We have several of these boards in our embedded systems lab
running VxWorks and would like the option of using eCos instead.
Also, it appears the Motorola 860 port has no serial driver, nor an
ethernet driver, and eCos itself has no IP stack as of yet.  Are these
in development?

* [ECOS] Re: Motorola MBX860 board support, drivers
       [not found] ` < 14015.7675.916805.979493@grumpy.ccnusa.com >
@ 1999-02-14 12:09   ` Bart Veer
From: Bart Veer @ 1999-02-14 12:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pnorton; +Cc: ecos-discuss

    Paul> Has anyone announced any plans to port eCos to the Motorola
    Paul> MBX860 platform? We have several of these boards in our
    Paul> embedded systems lab running VxWorks and would like the
    Paul> option of using eCos instead.

In the last week I have received an offer from somebody who plans to
look into such a port. If you are interested in helping out, let me
know and I can put the two of you in touch.

    Paul> Also, it appears the Motorola 860 port has no serial driver,
    Paul> nor an ethernet driver, and eCos itself has no IP stack as
    Paul> of yet. Are these in development?

eCos device driver support is still very limited, unfortunately. The
Cogent HAL package does contain some basic serial I/O facilities,
mainly for diagnostics and debugging purposes.

There has been one third party port of a TCP/IP stack to eCos. This
was done by EBS Inc, http://www.etcbin.com , and it is not an open
source product. I am sure that ports of other stacks will follow, but
I do not have any more details yet.

Bart Veer // eCos net maintainer