* Re: [ECOS] Serial Port Opening Problem
@ 2000-01-27 22:24 Anamika Gupta
From: Anamika Gupta @ 2000-01-27 22:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jesper Skov; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Thanx Jesper

Anyone having information about serial port drivers in
Synthetic target, Please mail to me.

Thanx in advance
Anamika

--- Jesper Skov <jskov@redhat.com> wrote:
> <anamikargupta@yahoo.com> writes:
>
> Anamika> Hi all
>
> Anamika> I am facing a problem in opening serial
> port on Linux I386
> Anamika> synthetic target. I am using the following
> call
>
> Anamika> cyg_io_lookup("/dev/ttyS0",&handle);
>
> Anamika> It returns -2 which means no such entity.
>
> Which is correct. There is no serial support
> implemented for the
> synthetic target.
>
> There has been some work in that direction though (I
> think). I've been
> away for some time and don't recall the details -
> you should look at
> the archive of this list to find details.
>
> Jesper

http://im.yahoo.com

* Re: [ECOS] Serial Port Opening Problem
@ 2000-01-27 22:51 ` Mohammed Illyas Mansoor
From: Mohammed Illyas Mansoor @ 2000-01-27 22:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anamika Gupta; +Cc: ecos-discuss, bartv, rprakash

Hi Anamika,
   I have implemented the concept of pseudo device
drivers for eCos as per Bart Veer's idea of a
multiplexor, refer to a small discussion on
"serial device drivers for linux synthethic target!"
in the archives.
   This consists of support for SIGIO handling and
connecting with the external multiplexor in eCos
HAL, and multiplexor implementation as well as the
device servers implementation.
   Presently I have implemented serial device drivers
as well as ethernet device drivers for the synthetic
target and got Tristan's port of TCP/IP working in
linux synthetic target.
   If anybody requires the code can contact me at my
mailid, or else I can put the code in the contrib
section of eCos, provided Bart Veer agrees to it.

--
Mohammed Illyas Mansoor (Research Engineer.)
(Office)Center For Development of Telematics.	|(Res)No 25, 11th cross,

@ 2000-01-28  0:47 ` Jesper Skov
From: Jesper Skov @ 2000-01-28  0:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anamika Gupta; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Anamika> Thanx Jesper Anyone having information about serial port
Anamika> drivers in Synthetic target, Please mail to me.

That's not what I suggested :)

See http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ml/ecos-discuss/

Search for 'synthetic'.

Jesper

* Re: [ECOS] Serial Port Opening Problem
@ 2000-01-28  2:14 Anamika Gupta
From: Anamika Gupta @ 2000-01-28  2:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jesper Skov; +Cc: ecos-discuss

> <anamikargupta@yahoo.com> writes:
>
> Anamika> Thanx Jesper Anyone having information
> about serial port
> Anamika> drivers in Synthetic target, Please mail to
> me.
>
> That's not what I suggested :)
>
> See http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ml/ecos-discuss/
>
> Search for 'synthetic'.
>
> Jesper

Jesper I don't mean what u understand :-) I searched
the ecos discuss archive and got the information.
Actually I wanted to know if anyone has any other
information and I got the response also from Mansoor.

Thanx
Anamika

http://im.yahoo.com

* Re: [ECOS] Serial Port Opening Problem
@ 2000-01-27 22:55 Anamika Gupta
From: Anamika Gupta @ 2000-01-27 22:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mohammed Illyas Mansoor; +Cc: ecos-discuss, bartv, rprakash

Hi Mohammed Mansoor

That's a good news. Can you please send the serial
driver as well as ethernet driver to me and if
possible, put it on ecos contrib list.

Thanx
Anamika

--- Mohammed Illyas Mansoor <mansoor@cdotb.ernet.in>

@ 2000-01-27  3:53 ` Jesper Skov
From: Jesper Skov @ 2000-01-27  3:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anamika Gupta; +Cc: ecos-discuss

@ 2000-01-27  3:11 Anamika Gupta
From: Anamika Gupta @ 2000-01-27  3:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi all

I am facing a problem in opening serial port on Linux
I386 synthetic target. I am using the following call

cyg_io_lookup("/dev/ttyS0",&handle);

It returns -2 which means no such entity.

Can any one help me in identifying this problem.

When I try to open serial port ttyS0 thru open call on
linux, it works.

Is there any specific packages that needs to be
enabled. CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL is already enabled.

Please respond as early as possible.

Thanx in Advance
Anamika

http://im.yahoo.com