* [ECOS] Maximum size of Ping?
@ 2000-12-07 17:36 Brian.Danilko
From: Brian.Danilko @ 2000-12-07 17:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hello,

Using the ecos tcp/ip stack I have noticed that it will only reply to
pings of less then or equal to 3700 bytes (ie. ping -s 3042
ecos_ip). Anything over this number gets dropped silently. Is this by
design?

Thanks,

Brian

--
Brian Danilko - Software Design and Implementation
  @ Inspiration Technology P/L (Brian.Danilko@instech.com.au)

* Re: [ECOS] Maximum size of Ping?
@ 2000-12-07 17:52 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2000-12-07 17:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brian.Danilko; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Brian.Danilko@instech.com.au wrote:

> Using the ecos tcp/ip stack I have noticed that it will only reply to
> pings of less then or equal to 3700 bytes (ie. ping -s 3042
> ecos_ip). Anything over this number gets dropped silently. Is this by
> design?

No. You need to update your TCP/IP stack to one from after the end of June.
Get it from anoncvs: http://sources.redhat.com/anoncvs.html although you'll
have to use anoncvs for everything then.

Jifl

* Re: [ECOS] Maximum size of Ping?
@ 2000-12-07 21:01   ` Brian.Danilko
From: Brian.Danilko @ 2000-12-07 21:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Larmour; +Cc: Brian.Danilko, ecos-discuss

Jonathan Larmour writes:
 > Brian.Danilko@instech.com.au wrote:
 > >
 > > Using the ecos tcp/ip stack I have noticed that it will only reply to
 > > pings of less then or equal to 3700 bytes (ie. ping -s 3042
 > > ecos_ip). Anything over this number gets dropped silently. Is this by
 > > design?
 >
 > No. You need to update your TCP/IP stack to one from after the end of June.
 > Get it from anoncvs: http://sources.redhat.com/anoncvs.html although you'll
 > have to use anoncvs for everything then.

Thanks for your swift reply. I have been using anoncvs and did my last
checkout in November. I just checked to make sure that my networking
code was up to date and it is.

Are there any settings that could be constraining the ICMP packet
size? Are the regression tests testing large ping packets?

Thanks,

Brian