* Re: [ECOS] hal_default_isr undefined
       [not found]     ` <3A37DCBA.3DD3708B@redhat.com>
@ 2001-01-02  6:27       ` Jesper Skov
From: Jesper Skov @ 2001-01-02  6:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Larmour; +Cc: Grant Edwards, ecos-discuss

>>>>> "Jonathan" == Jonathan Larmour <jlarmour@redhat.com> writes:
Jonathan> You're right. I suppose the issue is that all the ARM
Jonathan> platforms in eCos support virtual vectors now, so there's no
Jonathan> need to support ones that don't, in theory. Perhaps it would

Indeed. In the MIPS HAL we have appropriate cruft in place to support
both.

I hope to get rid of all such cruft as we get all targets converted to
use virtual vectors.

Grant, did I see you mention RedBoot support on your target? You'll
need virtual vectors for that to happen. Just a forewarning :)

Jesper

* Re: [ECOS] hal_default_isr undefined
@ 2001-01-02  7:38         ` Grant Edwards
From: Grant Edwards @ 2001-01-02  7:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jesper Skov; +Cc: Jonathan Larmour, ecos-discuss

On Tue, Jan 02, 2001 at 03:27:21PM +0100, Jesper Skov wrote:

> Jonathan> You're right. I suppose the issue is that all the ARM
> Jonathan> platforms in eCos support virtual vectors now, so there's no
> Jonathan> need to support ones that don't, in theory. Perhaps it would
>
> Indeed. In the MIPS HAL we have appropriate cruft in place to support
> both.
>
> I hope to get rid of all such cruft as we get all targets converted to
> use virtual vectors.
>
> Grant, did I see you mention RedBoot support on your target? You'll
> need virtual vectors for that to happen. Just a forewarning :)

I think I will want to support RedBoot in the second release of
the product, so I'll probably go ahead and support virtual
vectors now.

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com

* Re: [ECOS] hal_default_isr undefined
@ 2001-01-02  7:42           ` Jesper Skov
From: Jesper Skov @ 2001-01-02  7:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Grant Edwards; +Cc: Jesper Skov, Jonathan Larmour, ecos-discuss

>> Grant, did I see you mention RedBoot support on your target? You'll
>> need virtual vectors for that to happen. Just a forewarning :)

Grant> I think I will want to support RedBoot in the second release of
Grant> the product, so I'll probably go ahead and support virtual
Grant> vectors now.

OK, there should be plenty of clues in the existing ARM platforms (in
CVS). Also see
http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/docs-latest/porting/hal-calling-if.html

Jesper