* [ECOS] Does anybody know whether eCos has these functions??
@ 2008-03-14  4:14 grachel
From: grachel @ 2008-03-14  4:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

I run into some errors like"undefined reference to..." when I plant phoneme
advanced to eCos platform.The mentioned functions are
'realpath','ftruncate','getrlimit','nl_langinfo','getpwuid','tzset','utimes','chmod'.I
don't know whether eCos supports all these functions.Can anybody give me
some suggestions?If eCos does support all these functions,where can I find
them?Thanks in advance!

* Re: [ECOS] Does anybody know whether eCos has these functions??
@ 2008-03-14  8:41 ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2008-03-14  8:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: grachel; +Cc: eCos Disuss

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 09:13:51PM -0700, grachel wrote:

> I run into some errors like"undefined reference to..." when I plant phoneme
> advanced to eCos platform.The mentioned functions are

> 'realpath','ftruncate','getrlimit','nl_langinfo','getpwuid','tzset','utimes','chmod'.I

Many of these functions don't make sense in an deeply embedded system.
eg getrlimit, nl_langinfo, getpwuid, utimes.

realpath and ftruncate were i think originally BSD extensions. eCos
tries to be POSIX compliant. It does not have these functions.

Are you talking about https://phoneme.dev.java.net ?  You want to be
careful about the licence.

        Andrew

* Re: [ECOS] Does anybody know whether eCos has these functions??
@ 2008-03-14  9:18   ` grachel
From: grachel @ 2008-03-14  9:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Andrew Lunn-2 wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 09:13:51PM -0700, grachel wrote:
>>
>> I run into some errors like"undefined reference to..." when I plant
>> phoneme
>> advanced to eCos platform.The mentioned functions are
>
>> 'realpath','ftruncate','getrlimit','nl_langinfo','getpwuid','tzset','utimes','chmod'.I
>
> Many of these functions don't make sense in an deeply embedded system.
> eg getrlimit, nl_langinfo, getpwuid, utimes.
>
> realpath and ftruncate were i think originally BSD extensions. eCos
> tries to be POSIX compliant. It does not have these functions.
>
> Are you talking about https://phoneme.dev.java.net ?  You want to be
> careful about the licence.
>
>         Andrew
>
> --

Thank you!Indeed, I post almost the same thread on
https://phoneme.dev.java.net,just because I'm not sure what all these
functions come from.I'm now working on both phoneme advanced and eCos,and my
job is to plant all the phoneme codes to eCos platform,but when I link
cvm,these errors appear,so I have to try all the manners I can to settle
it!Thank you again!