* POSIX Threads for eCos ???
@ 1998-11-04 14:35 ` Stuart Adams
       [not found]   ` < 36408F92.C1C05851@brightstareng.com >
From: Stuart Adams @ 1998-11-04 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Is a POSIX threads compat layer for eCos in the works
by Cygnus or anyone else ???

Thanks,
  Stuart

-----------------------------------
Stuart Adams
Bright Star Engineering Inc.
19 Enfield Drive
Andover MA 01810 USA
Tel: +1-978-470-8738
Fax: +1-978-470-8878
Email: sja@brightstareng.com
Web: http://www.brightstareng.com/

* Toshiba TX39 processor  jmr3904 evaluation board.
@ 1998-11-04 14:35 Richard Rooney
From: Richard Rooney @ 1998-11-04 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'ecos-discuss@cygnus.com'

Hi all,
can anyone give me a pointer to the docs. for the Toshiba TX39 processor
jmr3904 evaluation board as used by Cygnus?

Thanks,
Richard Rooney,
Vedia Technology Ltd.,
Mentec House,
Pottery Road,
Dun Laoghaire, Co Dublin, Ireland
Tel: +353-1-2059877
Fax: +353-1-2059803
Email: richard.rooney@vedia.ie
WWW : http://www.vedia.ie

* Re: POSIX Threads for eCos ???
       [not found]   ` < 36408F92.C1C05851@brightstareng.com >
@ 1998-11-09 10:56     ` Bart Veer
       [not found]       ` < 199811091745.RAA11980@sheesh.cygnus.co.uk >
From: Bart Veer @ 1998-11-09 10:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

    Stuart> Is a POSIX threads compat layer for eCos in the works by
    Stuart> Cygnus or anyone else ???

During the eCos design phase Cygnus looked at a number of possible
compatibility layers including uITRON, POSIX, and OSEK. uITRON was the
first one to get implemented, but the others are likely to happen at
some point. The timing will depend on the usual factors including
customer demand, programmer availability, and the possibility of
getting somebody to fund some or all of the development.

At this stage I am not aware of any third party projects to develop a
pthreads implementation for eCos, but I would very interested to hear
from any such projects.

Bart Veer // eCos net maintainer

* Re: POSIX Threads for eCos ???
       [not found]       ` < 199811091745.RAA11980@sheesh.cygnus.co.uk >
@ 1998-11-09 10:56         ` Andi Kleen
       [not found]           ` < 19981109185630.12324.qmail@zero.aec.at >
From: Andi Kleen @ 1998-11-09 10:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

In message < 199811091745.RAA11980@sheesh.cygnus.co.uk >you write:

>    Stuart> Is a POSIX threads compat layer for eCos in the works by
>    Stuart> Cygnus or anyone else ???
>
>During the eCos design phase Cygnus looked at a number of possible
>compatibility layers including uITRON, POSIX, and OSEK. uITRON was the
>first one to get implemented, but the others are likely to happen at
>some point. The timing will depend on the usual factors including
>customer demand, programmer availability, and the possibility of
>getting somebody to fund some or all of the development.
>
>At this stage I am not aware of any third party projects to develop a
>pthreads implementation for eCos, but I would very interested to hear
>from any such projects.

Is anyone working on porting a TCP/IP stack to ECOS?

-Andi

* Re: POSIX Threads for eCos ???
       [not found]           ` < 19981109185630.12324.qmail@zero.aec.at >
@ 1998-11-09 12:23             ` Bart Veer
From: Bart Veer @ 1998-11-09 12:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

    Andi> Is anyone working on porting a TCP/IP stack to ECOS?

There has already been a port of one TCP/IP stack, done by EBS Inc
( http://www.etcbin.com/ ). This port was demonstrated at ESC West last
week, but there are still some issues that need to be finalized. I
suspect that a suitable message will be sent to the ecos-announce list
as soon as the stack becomes available.

Bart Veer // eCos net maintainer