* Re: ecos on Intel CPU
@ 1998-11-11 13:36 Kenneth Porter
       [not found] ` < 199811112135.QAA00531@hil-img-ims-4.compuserve.com >
From: Kenneth Porter @ 1998-11-11 13:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

I'd like to see support of the 80C186.

Also, the new Motorola MPC555, an engine controller with a PowerPC core
and lots of nice peripherals. See
http://mot2.mot-sps.com/press/html/PR980413A.html for a description.

Kenneth Porter
Kensington Laboratories, Inc.
mailto:kenneth_porter@kensingtonlabs.com
http://www.kensingtonlabs.com

* [ECOS] Re: ecos on Intel CPU
       [not found] ` < 199811112135.QAA00531@hil-img-ims-4.compuserve.com >
@ 1998-12-10 10:26   ` Bart Veer
From: Bart Veer @ 1998-12-10 10:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kenneth_porter; +Cc: ecos-discuss

    Kenneth> I'd like to see support of the 80C186.

Support for the 80C186 is unlikely any time soon because gcc and g++
do not support any members of the ix86 architecture before the 386.
eCos makes use of a number of very useful language extensions which
are provided by gcc and g++ but not by other compilers, and there are
no plans to support other compilers.

    Kenneth> Also, the new Motorola MPC555, an engine controller with
    Kenneth> a PowerPC core and lots of nice peripherals. See
    Kenneth> http://mot2.mot-sps.com/press/html/PR980413A.html for a
    Kenneth> description.

Ports to some other members of the PowerPC family are under
consideration, and I believe this part has been mentioned
specifically. If I find out more I shall let you know.

Bart Veer // eCos net maintainer

* Re: ecos on Intel CPU
@ 1998-11-11 10:46   ` Red Hat Linux User
From: Red Hat Linux User @ 1998-11-11 10:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Yes, I'd like see eCos support x86.  Is there any X86 plans in the
works?

Regards,

Steve

--