* [ECOS] TMS320C6x port
@ 1998-12-01  8:18 Martin P. Pokorny
       [not found] ` < 3.0.5.32.19981201092020.008f7df0@xena >
From: Martin P. Pokorny @ 1998-12-01  8:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has done any work to port eCos to the TI
TMS320C6x family of DSP's. Are there any opinions on whether this would be
a good idea, or whether it's even possible? I am new to eCos, but I'm
interested in looking into this possibility.

Martin P. Pokorny           voice: 520.806.7300
Global Atmospherics, Inc.     fax: 520.741.2848
2705 East Medina Road      e-mail: mpokorny@glatmos.com
Tucson, AZ  85706-7155       http://www.glatmos.com

* [ECOS] Re: TMS320C6x port
       [not found] ` < 3.0.5.32.19981201092020.008f7df0@xena >
@ 1998-12-10 10:26   ` Bart Veer
From: Bart Veer @ 1998-12-10 10:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mpokorny; +Cc: ecos-discuss

    Martin> Hi, I was wondering if anyone has done any work to port
    Martin> eCos to the TI TMS320C6x family of DSP's. Are there any
    Martin> opinions on whether this would be a good idea, or whether
    Martin> it's even possible? I am new to eCos, but I'm interested
    Martin> in looking into this possibility.

I am afraid that this is likely to prove difficult. To the best of my
knowledge there is no port of gcc and g++ to the 320C6x family, and
eCos relies on features provided by these compilers.

Bart Veer // eCos net maintainer