* [ECOS] Problem using ocd target option gdb supplied in ecos sw tools
@ 1999-01-14 20:31 Zubin Burjor Sethna
       [not found] ` < 6006B52C37ABD211AB0900805FFE9D791691DA@saturn.sg.adisys.com.au >
From: Zubin Burjor Sethna @ 1999-01-14 20:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi

I am having problems using a 'wiggler' with the gdb supplied with the ecos
software tools. As soon as I type in gdb:

> target ocd wiggler lp0

I get a segmentation fault & core dump.

Since I have been told that the gdb maintainers read this list, can anyone
report any success in using this debug interface. My software tool chain is
compiled to produce PowerPC eabi binaries and I want to use gdb to debug a
remote target via the BDM hardware of the MPC860.

Any help is much appriciated.

Thanks

Zubin

* Re: [ECOS] Problem using ocd target option gdb supplied in ecos sw tools
@ 1999-01-16 19:03 ` Brendan John Simon
       [not found] ` < 6006B52C37ABD211AB0900805FFE9D791691DA@saturn.sg.adisys.com.au >
From: Brendan John Simon @ 1999-01-16 19:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Are you sure the wiggler is supported under UNIX/Linux ??
I thought it was only supported on Win32 platforms via a DLL supplied by
Macraigor.
If it is now supported by Linux then that would be great.  Can anyone confirm
this ????

Brendan Simon.

@ 1999-01-18 11:12   ` Stan Shebs
From: Stan Shebs @ 1999-01-18 11:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sethnaz; +Cc: ecos-discuss

   From: Zubin Burjor Sethna <sethnaz@sg.adisys.com.au>
   Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 15:31:21 +1100

   I am having problems using a 'wiggler' with the gdb supplied with the ecos
   software tools. As soon as I type in gdb:

   > target ocd wiggler lp0

   I get a segmentation fault & core dump.

I'm guessing from the reference to "lp0" that you're trying to run
this on a Unix host (your report doesn't actually say so).  The
Macraigor wiggler needs a DLL from Macraigor to drive it, and this DLL
has so far only been ported to Windows.  (We've talked to Craig about
doing a Linux port, but no action so far.)

It is, however a GDB bug to crash rather than to report the failure as
such, and we'll look into that.

							Stan Shebs
							Cygnus Solutions
							shebs@cygnus.com

* RE: [ECOS] Problem using ocd target option gdb supplied in ecos sw tools
@ 1999-01-18 14:31 Zubin Burjor Sethna
From: Zubin Burjor Sethna @ 1999-01-18 14:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

My apologies I should have mentioned that I was using a Linux (Redhat5.0)
system. I emailed Criag yesterday and he said he was working on Linux
drivers so hopefully your next release of gdb would have linux wiggler
support.

Zubin Sethna
Embedded Software Engineer
ADI Limited, Systems Group
North Ryde NSW Australia

From: Zubin Burjor Sethna @ 1999-01-18 14:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

I just got in touch with Macraigor systems and they are working on Linux
drivers for the wiggler at this very moment. Might have more information in
a weeks time.

@ 1999-01-16 19:03 Dean Koester
From: Dean Koester @ 1999-01-16 19:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brendan John Simon, Zubin Burjor Sethna

I believe it's NT only.  At least that's all we ever tested for Foundry.

Dean