* [ECOS] build problems on solaris2.5.1
@ 1999-02-03 22:32 Zubin Burjor Sethna
       [not found] ` < 6006B52C37ABD211AB0900805FFE9D79169216@saturn.sg.adisys.com.au >
From: Zubin Burjor Sethna @ 1999-02-03 22:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi

Has anyone tried to build the ecos development tools (unix) on sun solaris
2.5.1?

The build process hangs in the configure script after the line:

"checking for location of SCCS get command"

any ideas?

Thanks

Zubin

* [ECOS] Re: build problems on solaris2.5.1
       [not found] ` < 6006B52C37ABD211AB0900805FFE9D79169216@saturn.sg.adisys.com.au >
@ 1999-02-04  7:08   ` Bart Veer
From: Bart Veer @ 1999-02-04  7:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sethnaz; +Cc: ecos-discuss

    Zubin> Has anyone tried to build the ecos development tools (unix)
    Zubin> on sun solaris 2.5.1?

    Zubin> The build process hangs in the configure script after the
    Zubin> line:

    Zubin> "checking for location of SCCS get command"

Building the toolchain was only tested under Linux and NT, but I know
of at least one net user who did a build on an alpha - we got a patch
for a 64 bit problem in the simulator code.

I have got ready access to a Solaris 2.6 box and I'll try a build
there, to see if there is anything obvious going wrong.

Bart Veer // eCos net maintainer

@ 1999-02-04 10:05   ` Bart Veer
       [not found]     ` < 199902041528.PAA18722@sheesh.cygnus.co.uk >
From: Bart Veer @ 1999-02-04 10:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sethnaz; +Cc: ecos-discuss

    Zubin> Has anyone tried to build the ecos development tools (unix) on sun solaris
    Zubin> 2.5.1?

    Zubin> The build process hangs in the configure script after the line:

    Zubin> "checking for location of SCCS get command"

Under Solaris 2.6 I can happily configure and make an mn10300
toolchain. The PowerPC toolchain also configures happily but there is
some sort of problem building the simulator - termio vs. termios
confusion. It sounds like you are running into a very different
problem.

Please send me a copy of the configure.out file (by private email
rather than sending it to the entire mailing list). Maybe I can figure
things out from there.

@ 1999-02-05 11:50       ` Bart Veer
From: Bart Veer @ 1999-02-05 11:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

    Zubin> Has anyone tried to build the ecos development tools (unix)
    Zubin> on sun solaris 2.5.1?

    Zubin> The build process hangs in the configure script after the
    Zubin> line:

    Zubin> "checking for location of SCCS get command"

    Bart> Under Solaris 2.6 I can happily configure and make an
    Bart> mn10300 toolchain. The PowerPC toolchain also configures
    Bart> happily but there is some sort of problem building the
    Bart> simulator - termio vs. termios confusion. It sounds like you
    Bart> are running into a very different problem.

The termio vs. termios problem has already been sorted out in the
latest version of the simulator sources. A suitable patch is enclosed
below and should be applied in the sim/ppc directory. The patch is
not appropriate for people running RedHat 5.0, but may be useful on
certain other Unix systems such as Solaris.

This will not solve Zubin's original problem of the configure script
hanging, I am currently waiting for more information about that one.

Bart Veer // eCos net maintainer

*** emul_unix.c.bak	Fri Feb  5 14:28:44 1999
--- emul_unix.c	Fri Feb  5 14:29:03 1999
***************
*** 1,6 ****
  /*  This file is part of the program psim.

!     Copyright (C) 1996-1997, Andrew Cagney <cagney@highland.com.au>

--- 1,6 ----
  /*  This file is part of the program psim.

!     Copyright (C) 1996-1998, Andrew Cagney <cagney@highland.com.au>

***************
*** 82,93 ****
     time.  */
  #undef	HAVE_TERMIO_STRUCTURE
  #undef	TCGETA
- /* FIXME: This breaks RedHat 5.0 builds, so disable it. */
- #if 0
  #undef	termio
  #define termio termios
  #endif
- #endif

  #ifndef HAVE_TERMIO_STRUCTURE
  #undef HAVE_SYS_TERMIO_H
--- 82,90 ----
***************
*** 110,119 ****
  #ifdef HAVE_GETRUSAGE
  #include <sys/resource.h>
  int getrusage();
- #endif
-
- #if HAVE_SYS_MOUNT_H
- #include <sys/mount.h>
  #endif

  #if HAVE_DIRENT_H
--- 107,112 ----

* Re: [ECOS] build problems on solaris2.5.1
       [not found] ` < 6006B52C37ABD211AB0900805FFE9D79169216@saturn.sg.adisys.com.au >
@ 1999-02-05 15:31   ` Dave Miller
From: Dave Miller @ 1999-02-05 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Zubin,

The configure script in the directory:

    ... /ecosSWtools-981021/src/make

looks for the sccs get command in  /usr/sccs/ then within your $PATH

then looks for the sccs admin command in /usr/sccs then your $PATH

my sccs get command is in /usr/ccs/bin and so is my admin command.

Whoever there is another admin command in /usr/local/bin which is executed
instead of the sccs admin command.

For now, I changed the configure file get and admin commands from:
/usr/sccs/get and /usr/sccs/admin  to:
/usr/ccs/bin/get and /usr/ccs/bin/admin

I have successfully configured and am currently making the tools now.

I hope this helps

Dave Miller

> Hi
>
> Has anyone tried to build the ecos development tools (unix) on sun solaris
> 2.5.1?
>
> The build process hangs in the configure script after the line:
>
> "checking for location of SCCS get command"
>

> any ideas?
>

> Thanks
>

> Zubin

David W. Miller               FUJITSU COMPUTER PRODUCTS OF AMERICA, INC.
dmiller@intellistor.com       Intellistor R&D Operation
(303) 682-6667                2402 Clover Basin Drive
(303) 682-6401 - FAX          Longmont, Colorado  80503