* [ECOS] Configuration Tool problem
@ 2001-01-02 19:14 Xavier Wang
From: Xavier Wang @ 2001-01-02 19:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi,

I downloaded the new source code of eCos form the anonymous
CVS database. The eCos Configuration Tool is v1.3.1. When I
performed Build/Repository... to point the repository to the
downloaded version of eCos, the following messages showed:

<<<<<<

Error loading the hardware template 'pid':

Package CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_GENERIC_16X5X, 1 error
occured while reading in the CDL data.

Parse message:

D:/RedHat/cvs/ecos/packages/devs/serial/generic/16x5x/current/cdl/ser_generic_16x5x.cdl,
package CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_GENERIC_16X5X
    Property include_files, missing arguments.

I suspected that the old Configuration Tool couldn't recognize the
new stuff in the source code. I then downloaded the Configuration
Tool 1.3.1.2. It could redirect the repository to the new source code
of eCos now. But it hanged when I perform Build/Library or
Tools/Shell. It seems that it cannot invoke Bash to work.

My platform is Windows 98 SE. Is it the problem? But the
Configuration Tool v1.3.1 works well under 98 SE.

Any help will be appreciated.

--
Xavier

* Re: [ECOS] Configuration Tool problem
@ 2001-01-03  4:27 ` Julian Smart
From: Julian Smart @ 2001-01-03  4:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xavier Wang, ecos-discuss

H Xavier,

It could be a Windows 98-related problem, unfortunately; we don't currently
test the configuration tool (or eCos distribution) under Windows 98, since
there has been no client demand as yet. If you can find a WinNT machine to
try it on, and it works OK there, then it might narrow it down to a problem
with Win98. Meanwhile perhaps someone else might have a better idea whether
or not there's a problem with the CDL code itself.

Regards,

Julian

--
Red Hat UK Ltd, Unit 200 Rustat House, 62 Clifton Road, Cambridge, UK. CB1
7EG Tel: +44 (1223) 271063

* Re: [ECOS] Configuration Tool problem
@ 2001-01-03  4:58 ` Bart Veer
From: Bart Veer @ 2001-01-03  4:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xavierwang; +Cc: ecos-discuss

    Xavier> I downloaded the new source code of eCos form the
    Xavier> anonymous CVS database. The eCos Configuration Tool is
    Xavier> v1.3.1. When I performed Build/Repository... to point the
    Xavier> repository to the downloaded version of eCos, the
    Xavier> following messages showed:

    Xavier> <<<<<<

    Xavier> Error loading the hardware template 'pid':

    Xavier> Package CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_GENERIC_16X5X, 1 error
    Xavier> occured while reading in the CDL data.

    Xavier> Parse message:

    Xavier> D:/RedHat/cvs/ecos/packages/devs/serial/generic/16x5x/current/cdl/ser_generic_16x5x.cdl,
    Xavier> package CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_GENERIC_16X5X
    Xavier>     Property include_files, missing arguments.

    Xavier> I suspected that the old Configuration Tool couldn't
    Xavier> recognize the new stuff in the source code. I then
    Xavier> downloaded the Configuration Tool 1.3.1.2. It could
    Xavier> redirect the repository to the new source code of eCos
    Xavier> now.

Correct, CDL support for an empty include_files list was added after
1.3.1. Hence the need for an updated configuration tool.

    Xavier> But it hanged when I perform Build/Library or Tools/Shell.
    Xavier> It seems that it cannot invoke Bash to work.

    Xavier> My platform is Windows 98 SE. Is it the problem? But the
    Xavier> Configuration Tool v1.3.1 works well under 98 SE.

    Xavier> Any help will be appreciated.

AFAIK there have been no changes in this area. The only suggestion I
have is to experiment with the Tools->Paths->UserTools dialog, which
can be used to specify the search path for things like bash.

Bart

* RE: [ECOS] Configuration tool problem
@ 2001-10-26  8:06   ` Trenton D. Adams
From: Trenton D. Adams @ 2001-10-26  8:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Julian Smart', 'Andreas Savvides',
	ecos-discuss, 'Andreas Savvides',
	ecos-discuss

Same here, my user tools path is c:\cygwin\bin

@ 2001-10-26  7:46 ` Julian Smart
From: Julian Smart @ 2001-10-26  7:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Savvides, ecos-discuss

@ 2001-10-25 16:39 Andreas Savvides
From: Andreas Savvides @ 2001-10-25 16:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi,

I am trying to setup the eCos tools on Windows 2000 but I am getting stuck
on how to set the user tools path in the configuration tool. I have tried
installing both the 2.0.4 and 2.0.3 version of the config tool but I get
the same error:

C:\cygwin\usr\bin does not appear to contain the user tools.

I do not understand this problem since the specified directory DOES
contain the user tools. Is there any way to resolve this? Any
suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
Andreas Savvides

* [ECOS] Configuration tool problem
@ 2000-06-01  3:02       ` Alessandro Pinto
From: Alessandro Pinto @ 2000-06-01  3:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Larmour; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Thank you a lot for your help yesterday, I compiled the gcc and all was ok.
Now I need to create a the ecos RTOS to use the library and link it.
When I try to run the configuration tool, the compilation results in the
follow error:

arm-elf-gcc -c  -I//C/ecoslib/prova_install/include -I//C/PROGRA~1/REDHAT~1/
eCos/packages/hal/arm/arch/v1_3_1 -I//C/PROGRA~1/REDHAT~1/eCos/packages/hal/
arm/arch/v1_3_1/src -I//C/PROGRA~1/REDHAT~1/eCos/packages/hal/arm/arch/v1_3_
1/tests -I. -I//C/PROGRA~1/REDHAT~1/eCos/packages/hal/arm/arch/v1_3_1/src/ -
mcpu=arm7tdmi -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wstrict-prototypes -Winline -Wundef -Wo
verloaded-virtual -g -O2 -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-rtti -fno-
exceptions -fvtable-gc -finit-priority -Wp,-MD,src/context.tmp -o
src/hal_arm_arch_context.o
file://C/PROGRA~1/REDHAT~1/eCos/packages/hal/arm/arch/v1_3_1/src/context.S
file://C/PROGRA~1/REDHAT~1/eCos/packages/hal/arm/arch/v1_3_1/src/context.S:
Assembler messages:
file://C/PROGRA~1/REDHAT~1/eCos/packages/hal/arm/arch/v1_3_1/src/context.S:1
14: Error: undefined symbol CPSR_IRQ_DISABLE in operation
file://C/PROGRA~1/REDHAT~1/eCos/packages/hal/arm/arch/v1_3_1/src/context.S:1
14: Error: undefined symbol CPSR_FIQ_DISABLE in operation
file://C/PROGRA~1/REDHAT~1/eCos/packages/hal/arm/arch/v1_3_1/src/context.S:8
5: Error: Internal_relocation (type 187) not fixed up (OFFSET_IMM)
file://C/PROGRA~1/REDHAT~1/eCos/packages/hal/arm/arch/v1_3_1/src/context.S:1
16: Error: Internal_relocation (type 187) not fixed up (OFFSET_IMM)
make[1]: *** [src/context.o.d] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/c/ecoslib/prova_build/hal/arm/arch/v1_3_1'
make: *** [build] Error 2

Can you help me?

Bye

AP