* [ECOS] multi-ice-gdb-server
@ 2001-04-04  7:33 Carlos Camargo
From: Carlos Camargo @ 2001-04-04  7:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi, I read in
"ecos/doc/ref/gnupro-ref/arm/ARM_COMBO_ap02.html". The
instructions for build multi-ice-gdb-server. I have
ARM SDT 2.5, but i don´t have the follwing required
files:

toolconf.lib
toolconf.dll
toolconf.def
multi-ice.def
c150t100.h
findfile.h

You know where is them???
Can sendme a copy of this files??

Thanks..

Carlos Camargo

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

* [ECOS] SORRY I have problems with my mail server
@ 2001-04-04  8:47 ` Carlos Camargo
From: Carlos Camargo @ 2001-04-04  8:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carlos Camargo, ecos-discuss

SORRY I have problems with my mail server.

Carlos Camargo
Universidad de Cantabria

@ 2005-11-04 21:55 Bahadir Balban
From: Bahadir Balban @ 2005-11-04 21:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi,

eCos web pages talk about a multi-ice-gdb-server, is it in good state
or too old? Is the fact that it only works on Windows, because
Multi-ICE server is windows-based? I guess it should support any CPU
that multi-ice can recognise, is this correct? Or does it only support
ARM7TDMI? Since the sources are available, would it be a non-trivial
job to interface it to Multi-ICE on other processors or also, to a
linux based multi-ice server? Any more information on this will be
appreciated, as I am very interested about using gdb on Multi-ICE.

I am aware that this is slightly off topic but it was mentioned in
eCos pages and this seems to be the only place to ask.

Thanks,
Bahadir

* [ECOS] multi-ice-gdb-server
@ 2003-07-24 13:47 basile bochar
From: basile bochar @ 2003-07-24 13:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi

i try to debub remotly with multi-ice an integrator
board
on a LAN. My multi-ice-gdb-server runs on Windows XP
and when i try to connect to it for debugging i have
this error message on my linux machine:

Remote debugging using IP:9000
Couldn't establish connection to remote target
Malformed response to offset query, OK

and this message on windows:
connection closed by peer or something like that

Is it network configuration problem on my linux or on
windows

thanks

* Re: [ECOS] multi-ice-gdb-server
@ 2003-03-28 13:26     ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2003-03-28 13:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: "Paul M. Øverby"; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Paul M. Øverby wrote:
> Thanks for the input, but I got everything working now. Indeed it was the
> fact that the multi-ice dir wasn't even built under linux that threw me off.
> But I'm not sure you're rigth about multi-ice not running under linux, cause
> there is a linux version of the multi-ice.dll.

Really? That's news to me. Can you give me some pointers to where?
Presumably only on the CD with the Multi-ICE if anywhere :-|.

> But it doesn't really matter
> now, as I got it working - only thing now is that I can't run disassembly
> with gdb on an already running target, but perhaps it's not supported by gdb
> ?

No, that should work. Try "set debug remote 1" and see what's going on.

Jifl

* Re: [ECOS] multi-ice-gdb-server
@ 2003-03-28  8:55   ` Paul M. Øverby
From: Paul M. Øverby @ 2003-03-28  8:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Larmour; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Thanks for the input, but I got everything working now. Indeed it was the
fact that the multi-ice dir wasn't even built under linux that threw me off.
But I'm not sure you're rigth about multi-ice not running under linux, cause
there is a linux version of the multi-ice.dll. But it doesn't really matter

From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2003-03-27 23:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: "Paul M. Øverby"; +Cc: ecos-discuss

@ 2003-03-18 12:30 Paul M. Øverby
From: Paul M. Øverby @ 2003-03-18 12:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi,

Im trying again, as I got no answers on my last post.
I really need some help getting the multi-ice-gdb-server
http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/multi-ice.html working.
but I cannot understand the instructions.

------snip--------
Finally to build the multi-ice-gdb-server itself, change to the multi-ice
build directory and type make, supplying the make variables
MULTI_ICE_INCLUDES which should point to the location of the ARM RDI 1.5
headers, and MULTI_ICE_LIBS which should point to the location of the ARM
Multi-ICE server directory, as well as the location of the GDB multi-ice
directory. For example:

  bash-2.04$ cd gdb/multi-ice
  bash-2.04$ make -w MULTI_ICE_INCLUDES="-I/cygdrive/c/Rdi/Headers" \

MULTI_ICE_LIBS="-L/cygdrive/c/Multi-ICE -L/tmp/migdb/gdb-5.1.1/gdb/multi-ice
 -ltoolconf" 2>&1 | tee make.out
-------snip---------

the part above makes no sence. There is no build directory called
gdb/multi-ice. And there are no instructions to make one or to configure the
multi-ice to such a dir. Seems something is missing !?

This might be obvious to people that are used to working on linux, but I'm
new to this, so please help !

Paul

* [ECOS] multi-ice-gdb-server
@ 2003-03-14 13:28 Paul M. Øverby
From: Paul M. Øverby @ 2003-03-14 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi,

Trying to build the multi-ice-gdb-server according to the guide at
http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/multi-ice.html
Having some problems following the instructions though. The directory
structure is specified so messy! And I am using linux not cygwin...

So far I have the source of gdb/insight at:
/src/gdb/insight-5.3/
The source of the multi-ice-gdb-server
(ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/ecos/multi-ice-gdb.tar.gz) is unpacked at:
/src/gdb/insight-5.3/gdb/multi-ice/
The RDI distribution is located at:
/src/rdi/
The multi-ice server dll is located at:
/home/paulo/multi_ice/
And my build dir is:
/tmp/build/migdb/

I have configured the insight/gdb as specified into the build dir. Then I
did make as specified, and the result went to /usr/local/bin

The next step is according to the guide to build the multi-ice-gdb-server.
First it says go to my build dir "gdb/multi-ice", while the build dir
specified in the guide is /tmp/migdb/build ?!?! So I go to the only
gdb/multi-ice/ dir that I have (namely the source dir of the
multi-ice-gdb-server : /src/gdb/insight-5.3/gdb/multi-ice/)
Then I am thinking - should't this source be configured into my build dir
first, then made !?

Could someone please make this part a bit clearer for me - don't wish to
make any mistakes now... Please give the exact syntax of a possible
configure command (not too stiff with linux yet :)

Paul

* Re: [ECOS] multi-ice-gdb-server
@ 2001-04-04  9:26 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-04-04  9:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carlos Camargo; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Carlos Camargo wrote:

> Sorry if you already receive this mail ... i have
> problem with my mail server...
>
> Hi, I read in
> "ecos/doc/ref/gnupro-ref/arm/ARM_COMBO_ap02.html". The
> instructions for build multi-ice-gdb-server. I have
> ARM SDT 2.5, but i don´t have the follwing required
> files:
>
> toolconf.lib
> toolconf.dll
> toolconf.def
> multi-ice.def
> c150t100.h
> findfile.h
>
> You know where is them???
> Can sendme a copy of this files??

I assume you got this from Cirrus Logic. They are the people you should
contact to get these files.

Jifl

* [ECOS] multi-ice-gdb-server
@ 2001-04-04  8:31 ` Carlos Camargo