* [ECOS] What IS ROMRAM startup for E7t.
@ 2002-10-25 22:59 Vikram  Mehta
From: Vikram  Mehta @ 2002-10-25 22:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Larmour; +Cc: ecos-discuss

hi,
First of all thanx to Jonathan Larmour for ur response.

I am downloading RED BOOT.
What is ROMRAM Stratup. I tried to search the net. But found
nothing. From where can I get to know more abt it

And Any Ideas on Changing ROMC0N0 not working on BSL.
Wll it work on RedBoot. This was my second question that day

On Thu, 24 Oct 2002 Jonathan Larmour wrote :
>Vikram Mehta wrote:
>>
>>Where Am I going wrong. OR  any  new ideas on how do I make the
>>the board to run my code from RAM after booting
>
>Alternatives:
>- Write a ROMRAM startup type for the e7t
>- Use Redboot in flash to load your program from flash into RAM
>and run it. You could use the auto boot scripting so this happens
>automatically.
>
>Jifl
>-- eCosCentric       http://www.eCosCentric.com/
><info@eCosCentric.com>
>--[ "You can complain because roses have thorns, or you ]--
>--[  can rejoice because thorns have roses." -Lincoln   ]--
>Opinions==mine

* Re: [ECOS] What IS ROMRAM startup for E7t.
@ 2002-10-25 23:09 ` Iztok Zupet
From: Iztok Zupet @ 2002-10-25 23:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vikram Mehta; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On Saturday 26 October 2002 08:00, Vikram Mehta wrote:
> hi,
> First of all thanx to Jonathan Larmour for ur response.
>
> I am downloading RED BOOT.
> What is ROMRAM Stratup. I tried to search the net. But found
> nothing. From where can I get to know more abt it

ROMRAM startup is an eCos option, which loads the eCos code from ROM into RAM
and executes there. Executing in RAM is usually much faster than in slow
EPROM.

Anyhow, You can find the latest eCos and RedBoot docs WITH SEARCH at
<http://www.vsr.si/ecos>

Regards
iz

* [ECOS] Re: What IS ROMRAM startup for E7t.
@ 2002-10-26  8:21 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2002-10-26  8:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vikram Mehta; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Vikram Mehta wrote:
> hi,
> First of all thanx to Jonathan Larmour for ur response.
>
> I am downloading RED BOOT.
> What is ROMRAM Stratup. I tried to search the net. But found nothing.
>  From where can I get to know more abt it

ROMRAM startup is where the program initially starts in ROM and pretty
much straight away copies itself to RAM and runs from there. Other ARM
HALs support it, just not the E7T yet. To add it, at a minimum you need to
add a new memory startup type, different from ROM or RAM.

The best way to find out about it is to look at other HALs. The ebsa285,
edb7xxx, at91 and integrator HALs all support it. Search those for
"ROMRAM" and look at their ROMRAM memory layouts (in the include/pkgconf
subdirectories of their packages).

Once you see what's required for them, you would then know what to add to
the E7T HAL.

> And Any Ideas on Changing ROMC0N0 not working on BSL.
> Wll it work on RedBoot. This was my second question that day

I have no idea, sorry. I don't know anything about BSL.

Jifl