* [ECOS] Undefined symbol _impure_ptr
@ 2003-04-11 23:00 mark_lee_hamilton
From: mark_lee_hamilton @ 2003-04-11 23:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

When I use pure virtual methods I get an undefined symbol _impure_ptr from the
function _cxa_pure_virtual. The function _cxa_pure_virtual is defined in
libstdc++.a. This problem occurs when the child class is instantiated. You can
write a parent with a pure-virtual method and a child derived from it without
seeing this problem.

This is find.
class Bob
{
  public:
    virtual void bob() = 0;
};

class Ken : public Bob
{
  public:
    virtual void bob();
};

This generates the undefined symbol
int main(int argc, char **argv)
{
  Ken k;
}

I suspect that he virtual tables are not created until they are needed. Has
this been fixed yet?

* Re: [ECOS] Undefined symbol _impure_ptr
       [not found] <20030411230116.65E03383F7@jifvik.dyndns.org>
@ 2003-04-12  2:11 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2003-04-12  2:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mark_lee_hamilton; +Cc: ecos-discuss

mark_lee_hamilton@att.net wrote:
> When I use pure virtual methods I get an undefined symbol _impure_ptr from the
> function _cxa_pure_virtual. The function _cxa_pure_virtual is defined in
> [snip] Has this been fixed yet?

Yes, in the CVS, both trunk and ecos-v2_0-branch, but it wasn't in the
beta that was released.... that was one of the things that got fixed,
which is why we have a beta :).

Jifl