* [ECOS] ecos for extended processor family
@ 2003-04-18 15:37 pooja  tripathi
From: pooja  tripathi @ 2003-04-18 15:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

hi sir/mam

can i use ecos operating system  for p51XAG30JBA
microcontroller.
if yes please give me pointers to that document
thanks

* Re: [ECOS] ecos for extended processor family
@ 2003-04-19 10:05 ` Bart Veer
From: Bart Veer @ 2003-04-19 10:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pooja_trip; +Cc: ecos-discuss

     > hi sir/mam
     > can i use ecos operating system for p51XAG30JBA
     > microcontroller. if yes please give me pointers to that
     > document thanks

I have not heard of this part before, so the answer is probably no.
Of course the chip may be better known by some other name. A google
search suggests that the part is made by Philips, but a search of the
main Philips web site failed to reveal anything useful. It would be
useful if you could provide a URL or other information about the chip.

Bart

--
Bart Veer                       eCos Configuration Architect

* [ECOS] Shell on startup
@ 2003-04-21 11:13   ` Rupesh S
From: Rupesh S @ 2003-04-21 11:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi,

I want to put a shell as my startup application when the eCos image,(with
kernel) is built,
From the eCos packages , I couldn't find the  option for sa shell,
Do I need to seperately build a shell and put it on startup??
awaiting responses...

Rupesh

* Re: [ECOS] Shell on startup
@ 2003-04-21 11:49     ` shobhan
From: shobhan @ 2003-04-21 11:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rupesh S; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Hi,

Little more enthusiastic,  why the shall is required at the startup ?
Is it to work as a bootloader interface kind of thing ??

Shobhan

Rupesh S wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I want to put a shell as my startup application when the eCos image,(with
>kernel) is built,
>From the eCos packages , I couldn't find the  option for sa shell,
>Do I need to seperately build a shell and put it on startup??
>awaiting responses...
>
>Rupesh

* Re: [ECOS] Shell on startup
@ 2003-04-21 12:02       ` Rupesh S
From: Rupesh S @ 2003-04-21 12:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: shobhan; +Cc: ecos-discuss

ya kind of...
I thought having a shell would help me further in development.

> Little more enthusiastic,  why the shall is required at the startup ?
> Is it to work as a bootloader interface kind of thing ??
>
> Shobhan
>
> Rupesh S wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >I want to put a shell as my startup application when the eCos image,(with
> >kernel) is built,
> >>From the eCos packages , I couldn't find the  option for sa shell,
> >Do I need to seperately build a shell and put it on startup??
> >awaiting responses...
> >
> >Rupesh
> >

> --

* Re: [ECOS] Shell on startup
@ 2003-04-21 14:18         ` shobhan
From: shobhan @ 2003-04-21 14:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rupesh S; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Hi Actually,

Instead of sheall we can use redboot bootloader.. We can change the boot
loader some what according to our
requirements.  What's the hardware that you are using ?

Thanks
Shobhan

Rupesh S wrote:

>ya kind of...
>I thought having a shell would help me further in development.

* Re: [ECOS] Shell on startup
@ 2003-04-22 17:46     ` David N. Welton
From: David N. Welton @ 2003-04-22 17:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rupesh S; +Cc: ecos-discuss

You could look at the 'ZOG' stuff I did, although it's forth, so not
very pleasant in some respects.  It's on my free software page, below.

--
David N. Welton
   Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/