* [ECOS] Query on specifying synthetic target
@ 2003-04-22  4:21 Ashish Thakkar
From: Ashish Thakkar @ 2003-04-22  4:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi,

I am using a Windows PC. However, I could not find an option to specify
windows or cygwin synthetic target. If anyone has used windows PC as
synthetic target to run ecos, I will be extremely grateful for some advice.
I tried to use i386-PC standard motherboard, but then I think it assumes a
real target in that case, so it gives an error message.

Thanx for your help,
Ashish Thakkar.

* Re: [ECOS] Query on specifying synthetic target
@ 2003-04-22  6:22 ` shobhan
From: shobhan @ 2003-04-22  6:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ashish Thakkar; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Ashish Thakkar wrote:

HI,

I used Linux target for running synthetic linux.   If you want i can
tell how to run ecos on linux

Shobhan

@ 2003-04-22  9:55 ` Bart Veer
From: Bart Veer @ 2003-04-22  9:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: avthakkar; +Cc: ecos-discuss

    Ashish> I am using a Windows PC. However, I could not find an
    Ashish> option to specify windows or cygwin synthetic target. If
    Ashish> anyone has used windows PC as synthetic target to run
    Ashish> ecos, I will be extremely grateful for some advice. I
    Ashish> tried to use i386-PC standard motherboard, but then I
    Ashish> think it assumes a real target in that case, so it gives
    Ashish> an error message.

The synthetic target is only supported under Linux, as per
http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/docs-latest/ref/synth.html
Porting it to Windows would be very difficult, see
http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/docs-latest/ref/synth-porting.html

Bart

--
Bart Veer                       eCos Configuration Architect